Hi everyone.

A little over a year ago I announced my baby's birth. She has been the most wonderful thing in our lives since that day.

Last weekend she exhibited a sudden unstableness or shakiness when sitting or crawling. Long story short, after 2 emergency visits to the childrens hospital, she was admitted on friday. She has gotten excellent treatment in the ICU. We still don't know where this came from but it seems as though her condition has stabalized after 2 full days of treatment.

Anyhow, I was hoping you could keep my Norah in your thoughts. She is a very engaging 13 month old who is both very tired and very confused right now. We'll know more as all these tests come back.

Edited by CorsairMan

CM,

CHEO is one of the best pediatric hospitals going. I worked there for four years prior to becoming a copper. The staff were amazing with the kids then and I know the dedication to their craft and care continues today. My sister in law is a nurse there in Neo Natal ICU, just down the hall from ICU. Your little girl is in good hands with those professionals.

Fingers are crossed and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Here's hoping for a full and quick recovery.

Mike

Prayers to the Big Man upstairs for Norah. Just hate hearing of or seeing

children hurting... Hope she gets home soon.

Cheers,

Jerry

You just said a mouthful. I can't stand it when children are in distress. I will say a prayer for your daughter (I have two young ones myself) and your family that all turns out well. I hope it's just a passing thing. When my oldest nephew was about 4 years old or so, he suffered a few seizures and nobody knew why. He was rushed to the hospital a few times even. As mysteriously as they started, they just as mysteriously went away. He's 19 now and he's never suffered any ill effects from the seizures he suffered as a young child. I'm hoping that whatever is happening to your daughter quickly fades away and becomes nothing more than a distant memory.

Best wishes,

Eric

I'll be praying for Norah! I have a 3 year old daughter and a 6 month old daughter. I thought I knew what love was - and then I became a dad! Children bring such joy and meaning to life - and help put everything else into perspective. Praying for answers, discernment, and a a full recovery.

Matt

Edited by mynameismatt

I'll keep Norah in my thoughts and prayers. Young kids do get excellent attention in hospitals. She is as safe as she can be when she is in a hospital. But there is still much worry to be endured by a parent when their kid is in the hospital. My oldest was in the hospital for 10 days when she was 4.....I was there 23 hours a day in her room keeping her amused and not afraid. She a very healthy kid now in her first year of university.

Best of luck goes out to your little girl Norah.

Crossing my fingers for your girl! I still remember very well when my boy had a serious operation just after his birth and I did not know how he will develop. So I really can feel with parents having a lovely young baby and their unconditional love! Wishing the very best to you all!!

It's always tough when your child get sick... even tougher when they have to go to the hospital. My whole family is going to wish her better with all our might!As Mike said before she is in good hands at CHEO - I've heard nothing but good things about them.

All the best to little Norah and you and your family too,

David