I am gathering materials for a build for a USN veteran who flew RF-8G Photo Crusaders after his tour flying Skyhawks over Vietnam. I do not know a lot about the Crusader, but IIRC there was a 1/48 resin conversion set for recon Crusaders available years ago. I have not having any luck sourcing one, is there anyone here who has one they would part with for a reasonable sum? Happy to buy outright or trade for one.

TIA!

Daywalker,

C & H Aero Miniatures used to produce a resin conversion for a RF-8G for the old Monogram kit but that conversion for the time is long gone. I spoke with John Carlton last year at the Chattanooga contest last year about some of the old C & H stuff. See he is the "C" in C & H. He is now the sole owner of Cygnus Models and will be re-releasing many of the old C & H conversions. John sold the rights to produce several of the conversion sets to Mike Moore who is do business as GHI Models. I looked at both of these websites and the Photo Crusader is not listed on either website, but on John's site he says that there are several more conversions that he plans to release but the RF-8G is not in his current list of ones available now. It is also not listed on Mike's website but he too says that he is hoping to aquire more of the C & H stuff. I guess the good news here is that neither of them haven't put up on either of their websites that they were NOT going to produce the conversion, so stay tuned. Both of their websites has cntact information, so before I would spend mega-bucks on Ebay or something like that, I would contact John and Mike through their websites and just ask them if either of them was going to be reproducing that conversion. I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

PS: When you do a "Google" search on C & H Aero Miniatures it automatically takes you to John's Cygnus Models.

Thank you for that information Men, I do appreciate the help and the inks! I have been snooping around looking for information, and what you have provided is very helpful! Will contact both of those sources and see what I can dig up.

Thanks again! Frank