joining the black hawk band wagon

The extended lower console is available in most of the Cobra Company Black Hawk update sets.

If you are building a straight UH-60L, you want the UH-60 Detail Set at a minimum. The UH-60L Correction/Detail Set has some great pieces as well. I recommend any and all of the Cobra Company sets. They are great and add a bunch of details that are missing from the kit.

Edited by HeavyArty
Take what you copied above and put it between these [ i m g] place copied http... here [/i m g] and remove the spaces.

Replace everything I have in bold with what you copied from PhotoBucket. The only thing between the brackets should be what you copied.

Edited by HeavyArty
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w31/lindsay19633/IMG_0039_zpsh4doyiqx.jpg[/img]43334' post='2702560']

You're still copying too much. All you need is from the image http://... to the .jpg. so only copy that part and place it between the tags: [ im g] http:// i172.photobucke t.com/albums/w31/lind say19633/IMG_0034_zps8w7x hv7i. jpg [/img]

Once you remove the spaces, it shows up.

IMG_0034_zps8w7xhv7i.jpg

Looking pretty good. I see one potential issue though. The right side cut-out (lower one in photo), is too far inboard. The holes behind it are where the seat side rails will attach and the opening should be no wider than the two holes. Yours will have the opening wider than the seat and the bottom seat rail in the opening.

repaired it hard to see in photo , thanks for pointing that out.

I know how it is . I've been there . Gino help me out on my first build . That was in another forum . A 1/24 Huey build . I did everything backwards. Gino stayed with me and helped me thru it .8 months or so build . He Still does help me out a lot today .

He has a lot knowledge

Rick

Your absolulely right everyone here in this forum is very knowlageble and very willing to help.

I have 2 questions reguarding this version im building

a/ does there particular Blackhawk ever carry miniguns and if so which version

b/ is there such a thing as an aftermarket rotor fold set? or is there a way to fold using the kit parts? ( I just realized how much space this thing will take up with the rotors extended)

lindsay

Lindsay,

Special Operations Blackhawks typically carry miniguns. The U.S. Army versions are the MH-60L, the MH-60K, and the MH-60M. The U.S. Air Force version is the HH-60G Pave Hawk. Finally, the U.S. Navy operates the HH-60H which usually carries one minigun on the port (left) side.

Hopefully someone else can answer your other question. To the best of my knowledge, there is no aftermarket rotor fold set.

Edited by adrake83

If you are building it as a standard UH-60L, it would not have miniguns. UH-60Ls have either M60D MGs (as in the kit, even though they are over-sized) or M240D MGs, depending on the time period. M60Ds were replaced by M240Ds in the early 2000s.

There is no AM blade fold set, Army helos don't usually fold their blades unless being transported on cargo planes or ships for long haul trips. They do not automatically fold like naval rotor heads and require disassemble to do so and adding pieces to it to hold the blades.

S7303388.jpg

20140702_131708_zps8bfdd357.jpg

uh60mtaiwanfirstbatch141204_rocarmy.jpg

Good job on fixing the opening under the seat. The horizontal bars you are adding to the front bulkhead are not present on actual Black Hawks though. That area is composite material and smooth as the kit part is.

Edited by HeavyArty

That's a MH-60S Knighthawk of Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron Two (HSC-2) out of Norfolk, VA.

It is a US Navy MH-60S Knight Hawk. Academy recently released a kit of it in 1/35 as well.

mmzimg141197714649.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty