CD72040 - P5M-2 Marlin

Well if you ever do a second sheet, I suggest these two. For some reason I especially like the all-blue with white radome.

In the meantime maybe I can piece together my scheme from your 2nd Mariner sheet, and the Marlin sheet.

Thanks,

Patrick

p5m2_zpsbr3dgs9u.jpg

p5m2-1_zpsvkqbdeoh.jpg

CD72040 will be a 1/72 sheet for the P5M-2 Marlin; intended for the Hasegawa SP-5B kit. I have been told this might be the first aftermarket sheet for this kit - I find it hard to believe, but it looks like it may be the case. I will release it in mid-Summer, after the B-66 Destroyer sheet.

The only ( part of a complete series of different aircraft) AM sheet was a Wolfpack decals, for 1 Marlin..

However, I'd kill for an alternative, as I have a dusty Marlin in the stash..

Lovely looking sheet. have an old kit in the stash but the brittle cracked kit decals stopped it reaching the build pile. Now I have ordered this sheet I need a second kit to do the sheet justice...luckily one on its way from a UK second hand kit dealer!

• 1 month later...

No, that's a Shin Meiwa US-1 of the JMSDF.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Meiwa_US-1A

Kursad, if there ever is another P5M Sheet, you should consider VT-31s Training aircraft:

- clicky! -

- another one! -

Cheers,

Hoops

that would be a cool scheme Hoops, the only problem is that's a P5M-1 which had the cruciform horizontal stabs instead of the T-tail of the -2. I believe the Hasegawa kit only has the parts to do a -2. Those would end up being markings without a model. Does anyone do a conversion??

Corey in Colorado

This sheet was by far the best selling item in this month's releases, even surpassing the very popular Have Glass V Viper sheet. I will probably have sold out once I ship the orders from major resellers.

I doubt I will do a second Marlin sheet anytime soon; but I did consider some P5M-1 markings during the design work. With the kit being this old, I think there might have been a P5M-1 conversion at some point. I could not find any online evidence of the existence of such a conversion, though.

The Hasegawa Marlin is a fine kit; and deserves to get a modern update similar to those that were released for the Heller EC-121 recently. If a P5M-1 conversion ever materializes, I will consider doing a second sheet.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi. Are there any plans to re-issue this decal sheet?

I have caught the Flying Boat bug and I'd love to get some colourful decals for this kit. I have one on its way to me from ebay for an extortionate sum of money but it is a first-issue so it should have good mouldings and little or no flash. Some etched brass would be great for this old kit too but a little scratch-building should help add some interest to the exterior at least. 

Alternatively, does anyone have a portion of this sheet that they won't use in the future featuring some of the US Navy options? I'd be interested in buying an unused part of someone's sheet. Thanks.

LD. 

20 minutes ago, Loach Driver said:

Hi. Are there any plans to re-issue this decal sheet?

Many people have been asking for a reprint and I think I will do another run before the end of this year.

Sometime in November/December timeframe I plan to do a "reprints-only" month where I will only release reprints, to free up some design time as I work on a few complicated projects. CD72040 is one of the sheets I will re-release in that batch.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...