My wife's cancer...all is well

EXCELLENT news Steve! I was thinking of your very situation only about a month ago when my wife went into surgery to have a "suspicious" lump removed from her breast. Between diagnosis and surgery was only 2 weeks, which as you know in Canada, almost always means that the doctors were concerned. Well, I'm happy to report that it was benign, thank God, but it did make for some stressful times. We are all very lucky.

I generally don't reply to posts regarding health, but great news. I wish I could say the same for a friend. To begin with, she chose to do nothing until 2 years after finding the lumps (the reason why is outside the scope of this post), told her daughter when she found them but said say nothing to dad. Knowing her, my guess is that she didn't want to know what she didn't want to know. She didn't want to use conventional medical treatments, which is absolutely her choice. Went all the way to Germany because she read in a book where one, ONE PERSON, used this "alternative" method which apparently worked for her. It didn't do a thing and cost thousands of dollars. She has tried a Rife Generator (frequency healing) and some other "voodoo medicine" that I don't even ask about. These friends are pretty much family as I've known them so long. I don't know if it's spreading because I don't ask anymore. I'm angry that she chose to ignore the lumps when she found them and just as pissed that she enlisted her daughter to keep the secret. Cancer does affect those on the outside. Sometimes I just want to scream. I'm thrilled for you and your wife and the fact that you chose action, and a course of action that would give the best outcome.

Tom

Thats hard Tom, as you say, cancer doesn't just affect those who have it. My wife had this 12 years ago & like Steve's wife chose to have the whole regime of treatment. 12 years on, she still gives me hell for the parcels that come thru the post. :)

I'm pleased that your wife's treatment has done the job Steve, you've lots more years together to look forward to.

All the best to you both.

Steve.