OK, I see this has been asked about a million times...and I've done it successfully in the past but what's the deal with changing your photo??

I go to upload a photo within the pixel criteria and get this;

"The file type you tried to upload is not allowed"

The file is a jpeg...about the most common of pic files, no? So what type file do I need???

Your profile photo was uploaded to the forum itself, and not hosted by a photo hosting site. In the past, you could also post photo's in threads using this feature, but apparently this made the forums pretty vulnerable to hacking and other nasty things, so all upload features were disabled. This happened at least 7 or 8 years ago or so.

Are you trying to change your avatar instead? (The small pic you have next to your posts)

Your profile photo was uploaded to the forum itself, and not hosted by a photo hosting site. In the past, you could also post photo's in threads using this feature, but apparently this made the forums pretty vulnerable to hacking and other nasty things, so all upload features were disabled. This happened at least 7 or 8 years ago or so.

Are you trying to change your avatar instead? (The small pic you have next to your posts)

Same for the Avatar then?