The Mighty Viggen all done

Been working on this all day today and she's done.

The SAAB Viggen is an awsome plane and finally a decent kit is avaleble. Tarangus has as far as I'm concerned done a good job on this kit. It's not a shake and bake kit, not by a long shot. So I'd never recomend it for a modeller without some experiance.

So what have I done with this one.

I got a PE cocpit upgrade for this and I'd highly recomend it to everyone that conciders doing a Tarangus Viggen. It takes the kit to a whole new level

As I got the Di - upgrade I had to ad some features and details. I've scratchbuilt 4 antennaes and the RWR, not the most challangeing scratch building I ever done. and also some minor upgrades in the cocpit. Also the cannard flaps has to be repositioned in the down position for a jet that's parked.

I used Gunze for the main colors and varius from Tamiya, Vallejo , Citadel/games workshop for the rest.

After spending a cupple of hours looking at Viggens from the last days of service I found that , 1: they where not armed to often, and 2: they looked filthy. with that in mind I had to go to a weathering extreme for a 48'th scale modern jet. Plenty of dirt and also miscolored panels.

Weathering was done by airbrush effects and washes from MiG. Some decal details from the TwoBobs sceet was also used for this build.

I modelled this as a jet from F17 at Roenneby AB in southern sweden.

11057367_10152757408530671_4005850255845398173_n_zpsd5lab5wo.jpg

11133717_10152757408615671_3967172156343962121_n_zpsdzkwdndn.jpg

Thanks dude :)

I wanted to brake up the monotone grey and thus this is a nice way to to just that. And it's also quite common to se jets, espessially well worn jets , with some variations in the panels