Famous modeling quotes

"IT'S OVER ENGINEERED"

Translation #1 - I prefer simple kits with just a few parts

Translation #2 - I don't understand that the part can NOT be made accurately unless it IS broken down and that the manufacturer has the choice of me whining about the breakdown or the perfectionists whining about the accuracy.

The panel lines are (fill in the blank) raised, too deep, wrong, non existent, etc.

The word "rivets" can be freely exchanged with "panel lines".

"Recessed panel lines are more accurate than raised panel lines"

"You can't see panel lines on the real thing anyway From (x) ft away"

At kids who share the 'hobbyroom':"Which one of you little ***** messed with my workspace. I can't find (insert subassembly')!!!! I'll ban you from the hobbyroom!!!!

*interlude: 1 hour of searching while constantly mumbling about the advantages of contraceptives....

And then: "It's ok, turns out it was in the box with finished stuff all along." ...

A little slice of life, dated yesterday, and accentuated with a gash on the top of my head, obtained while crawling under the workbench, searching for the lost canopy part...

(Oh, and I really love my kids, and wouldn't want to trade them for anything. (except maybe that 1/48...))

Edited by huntermountain

"Lost to the carpet monster."

In a thread announcing a new kit:

"Can't wait for this kit to be released! Now, could you consider doing a <insert name of another aircraft>? X-number produced, operated by y-number of countries and hundreds of marking options!"

"We need a Tweet!"

Here's a few more:

"Where can I find a rivet diagram/guide for...."

"No, it's not possible to make an accurate KC-135 from a 707 kit; nor from any of the existing 'KC-135' kits on the market either."

"Looking at several hundred black and white, often yellowed, period photographs left me 100% convinced the RAF painted their Spitfires in FS-XXXXX at the time of the Battle of Britain"

"On my Tamiya (insert plane here), I used a Black Box cockpit, Aires ejection seat, Big Ed external details, scratch built the engine and gun bays, used aftermarket resin burner cans, replaced all the control surfaces, mixed my own paints, vacuformed the canopy and used hard to find out of production decals."

"So did you build the Monogram version, too?"

"No, they have seams."

What was the old Eduard Bf-109E contrversy?

I'm paraphrasing here: "We are absolutely correct and the hundreds of expert customers are obviously wrong. Now let me ridicule you with this rabbit"

:pancake20bunny0xf:

Actually, can anyone remember something similar to this from about 10-15 years ago. I think it was called the modellers prayer or something like that.

Or Desiderata for modellers. It was one long post that had a lot of this kind of sayings and some other gems (P-38 kits: Where else do you get to fill/sand/prime/repeat 3 fuselages for the price of one?).

I'm sure I read it here way back then. I know I printed it off but i lost it before I got it laminated. (I planned to put it up in my workshop.)

Anyone remember it?