F-16E Block 60 1/72 Tamiya

F-16E Block 60 Desert Viper in Operation Odyssey Dawn / Unify Protector

1/72 Tamiya- Hasegawa kit bashing

c7BNpa.JPG

Block 60 is the latest and most sophisticate F-16. F-16E/F Block 60s are only in the service of United Arab Emirates. These Vipers are equipped with AN/APG-80 AESA radar, electro-optical tracking system, modern IFF and counter measures. They also have Conformal Fuel Tanks to increase operation range.

OfRsUN.JPG

I intent to build this model to represent the particular aircraft that take part as Combat Air Patrol (CAP) in Operation Odyssey Dawn / Unify Protector.

59aJ9x.jpg

Due to many improvement of Block 60, there is no correct F-16E in the market at this time. Hasegawa released Block 60 for couple years but they used their aged mold as a base kit with additional new parts.

My choice was using latest Tamiya F-16C as base kit and add Hasegawa’s F-16E parts such as tail, CFTs, antennae, lumps and bumps. Tamiya’s is the best option because it has vents on right side just below the canopy and no splitter plate (ECS inlet) between the fuselage and intake.

WIP link

Edited by polar bear

The painting using FS36320 and FS36495 (GSI Mr.Color 307 and 338). I added Mr.Color Super Metallic SM04 Stainless steel in the ratio of 1:1 in each color to make it sheen like Have Glass color. I also weathered her as much as I saw in reference pictures. Decals were from Hasegawa sheet. It provided every single correct stencils.

tnv89g.JPG

3nDXOI.JPG

JU85dR.JPG

t0KwaC.JPG

vIhLCB.JPG

Edited by polar bear

The loadout of this particular aircraft were all AAMs. Because I used the first Tamiya F-16C release, there was no anything under the wings. I added pylons and missiles.

qsgfuV.JPG

4VhNoX.JPG

TXtfPo.JPG

PA8Oqj.JPG

Northrop-Grumman AN/ASQ-32 IFTS targeting pod

wMdhmR.JPG

New engine for Block 60 is F110 GE-132 with more thrust.

EtUWJi.JPG

Edited by polar bear

I'm laughing at myself because I thought this was a bigger scale :doh:/> and only just noticed that it is 1/72nd. You have truly done a masterful job on this intriguing subject. I hope you continue with the larger scale as you suggested. Bravo :cheers:/>

• 3 months later...