Final paint and applied decals. Next step is to add Future as an overcoat. Might just skip that part, I think it looks amazing now.

eupcRVHl.jpg

yqette6l.jpg

28SGx06l.jpg

0IoPlOml.jpg

0LKeKpJl.jpg

A few things I didnt like about this kit at the end - the paint guide is very weak in description, and there seems to be no great reference to where all these decals go. There are decals for 3 ships, and one isnt listed. The decals are all numbered for identification, but nowhere in the kit manual explains where they go. There are numerous errors in the manual that need to be addressed. Aside from that, this has to be one of the best kits Ive ever assembled. I have another one to do for myself now, and I have all of the aftermarket parts to go with it. As an afterthought, I might just skip the hellfires and go with something else...these racks are something else. Poor fitting to be exact. Ill just leave it at that since I cant explain it that well.

Edited by utley

Started heli #2 this afternoon, finished the tub for the most part. Carpet monster claimed a lot of small parts that shouldnt be small parts...otherwise coming along quite nicely.

hNu2io4l.jpg

nYVKeWBl.jpg

avnWB7Fl.jpg

qMic7pMl.jpg

q15Kus8l.jpg

hNu2io4l.jpg

I made a small mistake this past time around and need just a tad bit of help from anyone that has this kit. I glued the wings together without drilling out the holes and I need measurements. Can anyone give me the measurements for the outboard pylon? I have a 100th scale, so accuracy isnt a problem with me.

I made a small mistake this past time around and need just a tad bit of help from anyone that has this kit. I glued the wings together without drilling out the holes and I need measurements. Can anyone give me the measurements for the outboard pylon? I have a 100th scale, so accuracy isnt a problem with me.

A flashlight or other bright light viewed though the wing (from top to bottom) will allow you to see where the holes should be. I did the same thing, the flashlight worked for me!

• 2 months later...

Back on this project again after a 3 month hiatus.

Ive looked around for some reference pictures of the avionics bays and the engine bays. Does anyone have any good references I can use as a paint guide? That's what has stalled me on this project, and I want to keep all the doors open.

A hint for those clear parts. Dip them in Future prior to painting. You already know how it can improve their appearance. Then paint your frames. If you mess up the framing just sak the parts in household ammonia, it will take off the Future coating, including the paint. Just re-dip in Future and try again.

Learned this one from experience...

are there 20mm barrels specific to this kit? Great build/s!

Not sure if they are specific, but I do have a pair of 20mm guns I picked up from Sprue Bros that seem to work fine. I havent tested them out yet, but the barrels and other accessories seem to fit perfectly on the kit dry fitted.

• 2 months later...

Update after a slight life-delay...

I did buy Werners Wings open gun turret, as well as his ammo bay and have yet to use them. They will be coming! Also have some 19xFFAR pods from Werners Wings too...just starting this again after 6 month layoff from building the F-15 and working overtime. Forgive the size, imgur seems to have reworked their BBcode...

vdfVv0fl.jpg

uu6cP08l.jpg

YQ5TrtJl.jpg

Ks0qf65l.jpg

RnhH0J6l.jpg

Qsm22i5l.jpg

cxpgS0ql.jpg

opAGjyil.jpg

A hint for those clear parts. Dip them in Future prior to painting. You already know how it can improve their appearance. Then paint your frames. If you mess up the framing just sak the parts in household ammonia, it will take off the Future coating, including the paint. Just re-dip in Future and try again.

Learned this one from experience...

I really"really" wish I could like posts on here...