Was there ever a Do17 In-Action book?

I don't believe they ever did an "In Action" book dedicated to the Do17. I have been collecting the series for decades and do not ever remember seeing one on the "Flying Pencil". Strange when you think of it. I know the Ju88 has two books, He111, Ju52, Bf109 has two, Fw190, He112, Bf110, Ju87, Me210/410, Storch, FW189, HS129, and Me262 all have dedicated "In Action" books in at least two (sometimes three) releases. Some updated some not. Squadron has released a few general purpose books on Luftwaffe bombers that have sections devoted to the Do17 (Squadron Signal Luftwaffe Bombers in Action Number Three. Uwe Fest & Mike Dario, 1972) is one of the better ones. Not sure of its current availability or if its ever been rereleased:

https://pics-librarything.r.worldssl.net/picsizes/27/6e/276e7e2f07f21a7593061795267414141497741.jpg

Small picture ^^^ best I could find.

Now this is not to say that there has never been one, but if they did do an "In Action" book on the Do17 alone then it must be a rare book. I can't even find a reference to one while doing a quick search online.

Hope this was of some help.

Regards,

Don

Yeah this is an o.k reference too:

102407-10401-86.jpg?nr=&company=schiffer

But what is surprising is that Squadron completely skipped the Do17 in their "In Action" series despite doing books in that series on planes far more obscure and of lesser known varieties. Just makes one wonder as to why.

Regards,

Don

Well, Squadron didn't really do anything - it was up to an individual author to do the book. If nobody did one, or wanted to do one, it didn't get done.

True. However, I am sure the folks at Squadron Signal Publications know/knew someone who could have filed the void relatively easy had they asked them to ;) . It is a rather strange omission to an otherwise pretty solid lineup of simple reference books. Who really knows in the end anyway. Job opportunity for a budding researcher I guess.

:cheers:

It was covered in :Aircraft #3 Luftwaffe Bombers in Action.

Steve

I have that book and mentioned it above in my first post. Its good but its certainly not to the same level as the other "In Action" books. Someday perhaps, but who knows :unsure:.

Regards,

Don.