Brett Green just announced a new Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito

Way kewl....

Hopefully they keep it simple and don't bother with the full engine(s), removable panels that never seem to completely fit, etc.

Looking forward to this one, more so one of the bomber variants though. I'm sure that is only a matter of time.

Edited by 11bee

You think Me-262, Bf-109 or Fw-190 will be boring? :)/>

Bf-109 has been beaten to death in 32nd, already have a series of -190's out there and Revell is now releasing the same. I just think that there are many more interesting subjects out there that have never been done before, rather than just more WW2 Luftwaffe stuff and "grey jets".

That being said, I get that those are the subjects that tend to sell. Just my humble opinion!

Bf-109 has been beaten to death in 32nd, already have a series of -190's out there and Revell is now releasing the same. I just think that there are many more interesting subjects out there that have never been done before, rather than just more WW2 Luftwaffe stuff and "grey jets".

That being said, I get that those are the subjects that tend to sell. Just my humble opinion!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You think Me-262, Bf-109 or Fw-190 will be boring? :)/>

I can think of several German WWII planes that would be nice. A new hi-tech HE162 would be really nice, and perhaps a new Fi156 Storch. Myself, I can't see me buying the new Tamiya kit for size and cost alone. Besides I'm in the Beafighter camp, or even a new Invader. Already got a new and cheaper Mosquito coming out anyway.

gary

please tell me what they did with all those Mosquitos after the war, other than feed termites? The airframe was a total failure in Asia due to the wood rotting, pretty much a one theater airframe. The Douglas Invader went thru three wars and is still in use today. A P51B would be at the very top of the list! But most of all Tamiya should have simply re-tooled their Corsair to a "1-D", and save a bunch of money. How about a hi-tech Sea Fury? Or a Tempest V.

gary

The German stuff does sell, so it will always be pumped out in mass. Good for the folks that love the stuff. This kit should be absolutely beautiful like the last few kits they have released. The Mosquito is a good looking airplane in any version in my opinion. I hope they do follow though with a F4U-1D. But a F-51 with rockets has yet to be released and that would be pretty easy to tool also. What I think is missing in 1/32 is a high quality F6F Hellcat. The Hasegawa kit really does show it's age and the Trumpeter has big, big problems in the mid fuselage in dimension and shape. But its not German so who knows about how it would sell. Also it would be nice to see in this scale a new tooled model of America's top scoring aces of all time airplane, the P-38. If it were done right it would be one classy looking 1/32 scale model sitting on the table. Just my humble opinion. But maybe what will out sell it is other ME-110, or better yet a fresh, new tooled ME-109G! German fans do spend the money!

Edited by aweber stoofan

Here is the link:

http://www.clubhyper.com/forums/forum.htm

His message:

Hi all,

This just in from Tamiya. More detail as it comes to hand at the Shizuoka Hobby Show (Marcus Nicholls will be on the ground with the latest news):

Tamiya Kit No. 60326 1/32 De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI

Availability: July

Japanese Retail Price: 19,800 yen (planned)

The "Wooden Wonder" makes an appearance in highly impressive 1/32 scale! That was the nickname given to

the De Havilland Mosquito series of aircraft, an ingenious and beautiful design which saw the versatile airplane

made almost entirely of wood. Its outstanding speed and range ensured that the FB Mk.VI was used in a range

of missions, including raids on important targets and infrastructure in the German homeland. It is often said that,

until the advent of the Messerschmitt Me262, the German Luftwaffe did not have an adequate response to the

"Mossie."

About the Model

• This is a 1/32 scale plastic model assembly kit.

• At 515mm in wingspan, this masterpiece captures the elegant twin-engine form of the FB Mk.VI with

astounding detail. This newly-tooled model was researched using real Mosquitos.

• The cockpit interior is realistically depicted, right down to details such as the pilot's seat cushion.

• The modeler is presented with a number of options in assembly of the kit.

• Separate parts recreate bomb bay and wing underside 500lb bombs, plus 50-gallon drop tanks.

• 3 figures are included.

• Comes with 3 marking options, plus masking stickers.

• A 12-page B5 size commemorative booklet includes color photographs and a detailed history of the Mosquito.

please tell me what they did with all those Mosquitos after the war, other than feed termites? The airframe was a total failure in Asia due to the wood rotting, pretty much a one theater airframe. The Douglas Invader went thru three wars and is still in use today. A P51B would be at the very top of the list! But most of all Tamiya should have simply re-tooled their Corsair to a "1-D", and save a bunch of money. How about a hi-tech Sea Fury? Or a Tempest V.

gary

You seem to have the Mosquito and the Hornet mixed up, it was the latter which was the total failure in Asia. The Aussies and RAF both operated Mosquito's in the Pacific both during the war and Postwar, the Kiwi's did so briefly post-war. The RAF and SAAF both operated the Mosquito in the Med as well. The RAF also operated Mosquito's in the CBI theater. It was hardly a one theater airframe.

Mosquito's saw action in the IAF during the Suez crisis and also served with the Turkish Air Force, Belgian Air Force, Swedish Air Force, and the Republic of China Air Force. There were quite a few smaller operators as well (the L'Armee d L'air operated them in French Indochina for example). They saw action with the Chinese and French as well.

In civilian service the Mosquito saw service with BOAC during the war, and Spartan Air Services for quite a few years post-war.

As soon as I heard there was a Tamiya crew visiting the new Mossie in Virginia I knew something was up. Tamiya San does not sent a crew half way around the world to just visit a museum, especially when they were only interested in one particular aircraft. Of the two 1/32 scale Mosquito's, the one that was announced and the other that was just a "rumor", I knew which one I would wait for. After looking at the splash of photos of the HK test shots and the recent buildup, I knew I was right in waiting for the Tamiya product. It will be far more accurate. I'm sure Tamiya San will have the correct fin height on their new release. HK's B-17, B-25, P51 and A-1 may be nice but their Mossie is a dog.