MH-60M interior references

The Air Force HH-60Gs have flight engineer and gunner consoles as well as avionics behind the pilot seats. They may be able to lean back a bit but they will never lie flat. Plus with all of the equipment in the cabin by the gunners windows getting an injured pilot out from the back would probably cause more injury then extraction through the door.

The Air Force HH-60Gs have flight engineer and gunner consoles as well as avionics behind the pilot seats. They may be able to lean back a bit but they will never lie flat. Plus with all of the equipment in the cabin by the gunners windows getting an injured pilot out from the back would probably cause more injury then extraction through the door.

Hey-

It's the same situation on the Navy MH-60S. The flight manual even states that it may not be possible to use this feature for some helo configurations.

Phil

I only know of one time where the seat tilt was actually used. My instructor at USAALS was a member of the then Task Force 160.

And he told us a story about how his pilot was shot during combat action in Grenada and that he tilted the seat back and pulled the injured pilot out of the seat.

Don't know if the story is true, but he wore the screaming eagle patch on his right side, and the 101st DID NOT!! Go to Grenada. I wish I could remember his name, but he was a African-American guy who wore glasses. That's all I remember.

On a side note. On that same combat assault, my company commander Cpt. Kurt Heine Flew as the gunner on Bob Johnson's blackhawk.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

I don't think the tilt back feature will work on the MH-60Ms. The ammo bin is positioned between the crew chiefs' seats and pilots' seats. Tilting the seat back would impact the top of the bin. I will ask about it next month though.

• 1 year later...

Pilot seat tilt egress doesn't happen.  There has been a lot of talk about the front of the cabin/aft cockpit but I still haven't seen anything talking about the center console extension or the battery boxes on each side of that and then the ammo cans are mount behind those.  if you look at a standard h-60m the cabin has nothing behind the seats.  All MH-60M's have martin baker crash worthy seats period.  Who ever said it in this post or another is wrong and I am not sure why he thinks that.  Yes their are different cabin configs but all mh-60m's can have all of those different configs including DAP.  It was designed to be modular for all of our missions sets not to be a different aircraft for a different mission like it was in the old days with the MH-60L C2, COMNAV, iDAP, Block 1, Block 1.5, CAAS DAP ect...

• 3 weeks later...

In these 2 pics, if you look close at the armor plates, you'll see some small white arrows. Besides using white decal paper and cutting the arrow out, does anybody make or have done small white arrow decals that I could use for my build?

IMG_6772_zpsppzif5ul.jpg

IMG_6794_zpsovaig6te.jpg

Thanks in advance

Tim