new-tool F-15 Eagle by Platz

BTW: i still can´t find oversized Fujimi F-15E Strike Eagle for my kit collection :-(. It dissapeared from all Japan web-shops.

Not just from the webshops, I've been to quite a few hobbyshops in Japan after the Fujimi kit was released and have never seen a single one...

found here:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10321319

PLATZ new tool 1/72 kit will be a F-15J EAGLE.

BTW: i still can´t find oversized Fujimi F-15E Strike Eagle for my kit collection :-(. It dissapeared from all Japan web-shops.

Here's one on eBay and located in Japan:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fujimi-BSK-4-722351-F-15E-Strike-Eagle-1-72-Scale-Kit-/331531180781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d30cc5aed

As good as it may be, it's perhaps 10% - 15% too big by my guess. Gotta wonder what kind of a slip up was made.

Did you know that Hasegawa added parts to its 1/72 F-15E in the last year or two that make it more up to date? It may not be perfect, but at least they finally give you the proper CFT pylons and a few humps and bumps.

Hi Paul,

Here's one on eBay and located in Japan:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fujimi-BSK-4-722351-F-15E-Strike-Eagle-1-72-Scale-Kit-/331531180781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d30cc5aed

As good as it may be, it's perhaps 10% - 15% too big by my guess. Gotta wonder what kind of a slip up was made.

Did you know that Hasegawa added parts to its 1/72 F-15E in the last year or two that make it more up to date? It may not be perfect, but at least they finally give you the proper CFT pylons and a few humps and bumps.

Yes Paul, Hasegawa did. I had hoped they would upgrade their F-15E 1/72nd kit for years after seing how they earnestly upgraded their Tomcat to B and D versions and also did the same with their Viper models which they upgraded to block 40-52s and up. Not always perfect but very close. And then even their Super Hornet kits to later lots too.

They finally upgraded their F-15 kits with great result I think.

It rate Hasegawa as a very serious brand. They may use their moulding infinately releasing myriad of versions but they dare add new parts to update their models.

Their F-15E now is very close (perfection would have necessitated new fuselage molds I guess; as for their later Viper block kits).

Cheers

Eric B.

Platz re popped the 48th Great Wall Eagle as a single and two seater J last year.

They are slightly different from a straight C and they picked up all the changes.

Nip it sure if Platz was used just for the label or if they participated in the mods.

Guessing they where as it's the best J ever released.

Maybe it's a scaled down Great Wall J?

It is highly possible that it is a scaled down GWH 1:48 F-15J. I think the GWH 1:48 F-15 is just too expensive for the average modeler and they need to wait for long time to break even on their F-15. So it is wise for GWH to release a scale down version of their F-15/Mig-29 and my guess is they won't start anything big until next year. The exchange rate also makes it tough for Chinese exporters to sell to Eurasia and Japan.

Edited by Jeff
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump.

Hobby Search now has sprue shots from Shizuoka. Pics of the PE too. Looks interesting. Direct link to their Platz coverage: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/blog/1505142 though the pics are also on the kit and PE product pages.

(there's also a display model for the T-2, but no sprue shots)

I was going to say the parts layout looks pretty conventional, then I saw the bottom fuselage section. I wonder if they're doing that to cater to a CFT equipped version later on?

Regards,

Murph

This looks really, really nice.

I was going to say the parts layout looks pretty conventional, then I saw the bottom fuselage section. I wonder if they're doing that to cater to a CFT equipped version later on?

I think it's to add detail to the sides which you couldn't conventionally unless you used slide molds. There's no reason to hollow it out for CFTs.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...