Revell Master Series (Fine Moulds) Star Wars kits

I'm really interested in how much Revell is going to charge for these. That's been the thing keeping me from buying FM's kits. I'm also interested in seeing what stores will carry these kits. Seeing them in a Michael's or Hobby Lobby would really be the dream come true.

Showing up in Michael's would be awesome

They have carried some (not all) of the Revell Star Wars line and I picked up a Republic Gunship, Y-wing, Arc-170 at various times using their weekly 40% to 50% off coupon. The though of being able to pick up what amount to a Fine Molds falcon for less than $100 or even as low as $50 with a coupon would sure be a god send

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1/48 Fine Molds X-Wing - very enjoyable build - but yeah, the decals are kinda crappy...

IMAG0110_zpseab9331e.jpg

1/72 TIE Fighter color matched to ILM book reference photos - actual color used on filming models was Pactra "Stormy Sea Blue"

TIEFighter.jpg

Dude I love the freaking blue! I call it the force unleashed version. I used the Intermiate Grey or blue from MM. It looks freaking awesome. Already been approached for a commission build....

When I did that TIE Fighter - and using the ILM book as reference, I tried to find any kind of images for Pactra "Stormy Sea Blue" - but couldn't find anything. In the end, it was a lot of custom mixing to match the very clear photos in the book. It's all a personal choice - but I like the look of it.