interesting new resins for Viggens in 48 scale

2qbdvyb.jpg

hreyaa.jpg

9gacy1.jpg

16le3qh.jpg

available from pilot-replicas.com and rebell.com

344fpjd.jpg

parts are: pilot with map holding the stick, saab 37 seat, Ram Air Turbine (always deployed as soon as front leg hit the ground), RAT vane, RAT door and RAT panel (to fix wrong panel lines in Tarangus/Special Hobby kits.

Canards and tail fin has been made by Maestro that also produce lowered flaps.

RAT was closed ad soon as the front tyres leaved the strip.

I would give 10/10 to P-R pilot and 9/10 to seat. High quality resin, soft, well made details.

Seat is 1 mm larger and 2-3 mm taller than cockpit tub, you will need to remove some plastic to fit, seme problem I had with Aires seats for Hasegawa F-104 or A-4 kits.

No, not really. While the helmet was used in both Viggen and Gripen during the 90s, the Gripen flight suit/G-suit is different. The Viggen G-suit was worn underneath the flight suit, in the Gripen, the G-suit is worn on top.

/E

I was toying with the idea of buying their standing Gripen pilot (which pilot would be standing like that and have the helmet and mask on?) and play Chain Saw Massacre on his body and convrt him to a sitting pose. But I am too much of a coward, so please do go ahead and make a WIP about it so I can look and learn :-)

Please Pilot Replicas, since you have done the guy in 3D software, rig him and pose him so that he can sit inside the aircraft instead of just looking like the dummy you probably sculpted him after..

/E

• 3 years later...
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 8:18 AM, Paolo Maglio said:

2qbdvyb.jpg

hreyaa.jpg

9gacy1.jpg

16le3qh.jpg

available from pilot-replicas.com and rebell.com

344fpjd.jpg

parts are: pilot with map holding the stick, saab 37 seat, Ram Air Turbine (always deployed as soon as front leg hit the ground), RAT vane, RAT door and RAT panel (to fix wrong panel lines in Tarangus/Special Hobby kits.

Why and what would be the logic to get emergency Power when touching down and not Before when undercariage is deployed Before landing. If you Think about it you would need Power for systems and hydraulics in case of Engine or generator failure more in the air than just on the ground safely.  Yes I know that the Ram Air Trbine is coupled to the landinggear out and in and not the frontwheel switch which is used to turn off radar and make activation of thrust reverser possible.