Guidelines: New Completion Date

Greetings,

Thanks to Ken Middleton I've been duly appointed as the moderator of this fledgling group build, and I guess we'd better figure out what we're going to be doing here.

Subject Matter: Flankers in any scale, prototype, production or otherwise. Strictly real aircraft for the competition however.

Time-line: End of February to give time after New Years, and a little extra for you 1/32 scale builders...

Judging: Diego from Hi-Decal has volunteered to sponsor this group build, and as a direct result I hereby nominate him as the eventual judge of the finished products. Maybe we can get Ken Duffey to judge as well?

I'll start a topic below for entries, if everyone would like to add what they plan to do to that subject, I'll compile a master list to pin to the top of the forum.

Any input? If not I'll go with this,

Thanks,

-Jared

EDIT:

BY POPULAR DEMAND THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED

NEW FINISH DATE IS NOW THE END OF FEBRUARY

-Hoops

Dear Jared,

Dear ARC FLANKER GB participants,

First of all thank you very much for the nomination as judge of the finished models!

This will be a real pleasure and I also hope to have Ken "Flankerman" Duffey in our GB team!

As already said, it will be a real pleasure to sponsor this GB with prizes from the Hi-Decal range in 1/48 and 1/72 scales

( http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Hi-D...-Decal_Line.htm )

including the brand new sheets for Su-27 and 27UB as welll as the forthcoming F-14 sheets.

The winners will have the possibility to choose a sheet, or sheets in their preferred scale.The decals will then be sent directly to you.

Please remember however that due to the character of the ARC GBs you should decide if your models should take part in a small "contest", or if you would prefer to have a raffle organized at the end of the GB.

As far as the "deadline" of this GB is concerned, I think that December 31st would be OK, but, having in mind that the Christmas / New Year holidays give to many people the possibility to "push" modelling projects, maybe an additional week ( i.e till 07.01.05)sould be added?

It's great to see that, since Efrain posted the first message just few days ago, the FLANKER GB has taken shape in such a short time!

Greetings and and happy FLANKER modelling to all!

Diego

Hi-Decal

Hi Guys !!

I have never been in a group build before - but it might just be the incentive I need to pick up on the Flanker - I haven't done one for a couple of years.

Does one just nominate what you are going to build - even if someone else is doing the same ??

If it is open house - and not first come first served - then I am going to do the choices on the Hi-Decal sheet - Eritrean, Ethiopian, Angolan & Indonesian.

Then I want to do some kit-bashing and make another Su-27KUB - in full camo with its wings folded - as soon as a copy of Aviatsiya i Vremya arrives on my doormat.

Then there is the Linden Hill sheet(s)........................

Then the Cutting Edge Ukrainian demonstrator that I have been meaning to do for years..........

And the new Russian Knights scheme............

And an Indian AF Su-30MKI and a Chinese Su-30MKK..............

No! Stop me !! I am being drawn in to the dark side again !! I have only just been weened off being a Flankerholic - and you are starting me off again................

It is a pity we are only doing 'real' Flankers - I also fancy doing an AWACS Flanker. It is mentioned in a single sentence in a book that Sukhoi are proposing a mini-AWACS naval Flanker based on the Su-27KUB - with an Erieye-style radar 'canoe' above the fuselage.

Or a what-if defence-suppression 4-seat Su-34 with ESM pods - like a Prowler !!

Must go and lie down now !!!

Ken

PS - If I have to judge - does that mean I can't take part ??

Jared, nice to see you are the moderator.

Add me to the list.

Let's see, I'm working on the eritrean SU-27UB (Heller), next will be a Russian Knights SU-35 (modified Hasegawa kit), and plan to build as many as I can.

You know I am so ion on this build!

3 kits,

1. SU27B, Russian VVS Flanker

2. SU33

3. SU27B, still have to decide on scheme.

I hope that Flankerman can build as well as judge, would love to see more gems comming out of Ken "Flankerman" Duffey's OKB.

Said

Hi Guys !!

I have never been in a group build before - but it might just be the incentive I need to pick up on the Flanker - I haven't done one for a couple of years.

Does one just nominate what you are going to build - even if someone else is doing the same ??

If it is open house - and not first come first served - then I am going to do the choices on the Hi-Decal sheet - Eritrean, Ethiopian, Angolan & Indonesian.

Then I want to do some kit-bashing and make another Su-27KUB - in full camo with its wings folded - as soon as a copy of Aviatsiya i Vremya arrives on my doormat.

Then there is the Linden Hill sheet(s)........................

Then the Cutting Edge Ukrainian demonstrator that I have been meaning to do for years..........

And the new Russian Knights scheme............

And an Indian AF Su-30MKI and a Chinese Su-30MKK..............

No! Stop me !! I am being drawn in to the dark side again !! I have only just been weened off being a Flankerholic - and you are starting me off again................

It is a pity we are only doing 'real' Flankers - I also fancy doing an AWACS Flanker. It is mentioned in a single sentence in a book that Sukhoi are proposing a mini-AWACS naval Flanker based on the Su-27KUB - with an Erieye-style radar 'canoe' above the fuselage.

Or a what-if defence-suppression 4-seat Su-34 with ESM pods - like a Prowler !!

Must go and lie down now !!!

Ken

PS - If I have to judge - does that mean I can't take part ??

Ken,

Here's how the ye olde "Group Build" works:

Build whatever you would like to, whether someone is or not already, as long as it falls within the realm of the "group build." In this case it is Flankers.

Everybody is just enjoying the oppurtunity to build an aircraft of common interest at the same time, to help share notes and ideas, as well as the excitement.

The consensus before has been that it will be real life Flankers, but there are a few people that want to push the envelope a bit. It remains to be seen what the outcome will be.

I would be honored if you would help to judge the final products, but I would think that the judges would forfeit the opurtunity to win any prizes associate with winning. So far Diego of Hi-Decal has offered to donate a decal sheet or two to the top couple of airplanes.

Hope to have you on board Ken,

Cheers,

-Hoops