UH-60A - time to walk the walk...

Wow, the map looks so good.

When you are calculating to finish the bird? This year?

Cant wait to see it.

Rod.

Thanks Rod! I was hoping to finish this early this summer, but at the current rate of production i will be lucky to finish it this year!

-Ramon

Map case looks really good. What special external features (antennas, bumps and warts, etc.) did this bird have?

Thanks! Aside from a few extra antennas, it was externally just a typical Alpha model with HIRSS exhausts and ESSS. On top was the Frisbee antenna (satcom, i think), then the long RV antenna, then behind that a blade antenna that had a matching one underneath the tail cone and also under the forward cabin area; and also the HF towel rack antenna long the lower left side. this one i will have to scratch build because its not like the one in the kit with the rounded forward end, and its not the other one that you see in a lot of pictures now with the step in the forward end that puts it above the transition section tie down point. of course, i never took a picture of that either... :bandhead2:

3271600844_dd7041e603_o.jpg

8423940 about to cross the Sava River from Croatia into Bosnia

-Ramon

Edited by anvil6

Such a cool looking pic bro!

I love the map. I wish I could find some sectional charts or approach plates to lay up front in my model!

Tim

Hi Tim,

Try Verlinden, I use Thomas guide and scaledown parts of the map

Such a cool looking pic bro!

I love the map. I wish I could find some sectional charts or approach plates to lay up front in my model!

Tim

thanks! i just googled a map and printed it small. i even folded it a few times to make creases. you could probably do an image search and find something close enough to suit your needs

:)

-Ramon

kneeboard, huh? well, as long as we are going in that direction, we will also need a few helmet bags, toolbox, ICS cords, a log book, a -10 manual, and the grenade boxes full of spit cans ( i always made sure NO ONE left spit cans in my aircraft - that stuff was stinky on a hot summer day!), gatorade bottles and a bag of sunflower seeds.

:D

-Ramon

kneeboard, huh? well, as long as we are going in that direction, we will also need a few helmet bags, toolbox, ICS cords, a log book, a -10 manual, and the grenade boxes full of spit cans ( i always made sure NO ONE left spit cans in my aircraft - that stuff was stinky on a hot summer day!), gatorade bottles and a bag of sunflower seeds.

:D/>

-Ramon

All that stuff too? Well. Maybe not!đŸ˜€

Ti,

No all I have is a basic kneeboard. All the stuff is on the MFD's in the M. I never flew with the strap on moving map computer. They have them at Lowe but I was already teaching in the M so never used it

Got a photo of your kneeboard that you are willing to share?

-Ramon

Looking good. The map board and radio rack came out really nice. Good job on them.

What is that cockpit/cabin structure in the background? It looks nice too.

thanks dude! in the background is the interior assembly for an Airfix 1/48 AH7 Lynx in progress. This is my second Lynx and I am hoping to do a better job than on the one i built last year(it is posted here: http://www.arcair.com/Gal14/13501-13600/gal13563-Lynx-Lomeli/00.shtm ). i am splitting my bench time between these two builds right now...

-Ramon