UH-60A - time to walk the walk...

Your cockpit is looking totally cool. Love the little details, especially the ICS commo bag behind the pilot's seat!

I hate not being able to remember what everything on the hawk is. (Just getting old!!!)

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

Your cockpit is looking totally cool. Love the little details, especially the ICS commo bag behind the pilot's seat!

I hate not being able to remember what everything on the hawk is. (Just getting old!!!)

Tim

Thanks Tim! I have a hard time remembering too. Sometimes I wonder if I am remembering a little detail or if I just made it up subconsciously - especially when I can't find any pictures to back me up!

I still need to make a logbook and a -10 to sit on top of the dashboard. Maybe a few helmet bags too... :D

-Ramon

Cant wait to see this finished.

When you glue the floor and roof to the fuselage halves, there are huge gaps, that will be a challenge.

Rod.

yeah, I noticed that there is a lot of slop in the fit of the floor to the fuselage halves. Lining it all up is going to take a lot of fitting and measuring!

-Ramon

I still want to put a few details in my model. I just ordered a helmet in flightbag from Reedoak. I tried to put up a pic of it, but I can't get it to work. Next payday, I'll order Live Resin's aviator night vision goggles and mount them on the helmet. Looks like we're gonna have to scratchbuild a logbook and kneeboard crew dog!

Get on Reedoak.com. It's a company owned by Norbert and he's got some cool stuff on there.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

Reedoak makes the perfect HGU-56P helmets. I will buy 4 of them for my UH-60A, will hang two of them to the cockpit hooks and the other two on the crew chief/medic seats.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

a bit more progress made last night... I added the photoetch to the yaw pedals, then painted and installed them. I also painted the pitot system gizmos on the firewall silver, and when they dried I coated the boxy bits with tamiya clear blue to make it look like blue anodized metal. hopefully it will be passable after its all buttoned up and put together. it all looks very brand new for the moment but there will be some wear and tear before the interior assembly gets installed.

I just realized my first aid kits are presently unserviceable. I better get them to the ALSE shop for inspection and certification... ;)

20160527_172602.jpg

20160531_230112.jpg

20160531_231730.jpg

20160601_061535.jpg

-Ramon

Looks perfect Ramon. Hope to resume my hawk build soon. I need to have it done by late october.

Rod.

Thanks Rod! I have been wondering how your Hawk has been coming along. Why the deadline? Contest or commission? Either way, I look forward to seeing more of your work!

-Ramon

How in the world did you make those yellow tags dude? That is so cool! Never seen those tags done before.

Tim

i just found an image of a yellow tag online, scaled it to size in a photo editing software, and printed a bunch from a color printer, then cut them out with a very sharp blade. for 1/35th scale, i made it about 3/16" long at final print.

-Ramon