Color photo of an unexploded V1

I just saw a Dutch News item about a color film, shot in the Netherlands after the war ended. The item shows two stills, including one of an unexploded V1, standing vertical with its nose in the soft soil, and a woman inspecting it. A very nice diorama idea :-)

Rob

When I first went to Lackland for basic they had a number of V-1 Loons on concrete supports scattered around the base.

When I was growing up my Father had a friend of his permanently in our V.A. hospital who was almost hit by a V-1. He was working on some communication wires on top of some poles when he heard something, turned and managed to drop off the ladder and avoided being hit by the thing. I guess it must have had a faulty part or two that made it fly so low. He was lucky it missed him but his injuries caused him to stay in the hospital for the rest of his life.

I wish I had taken pictures of those thins back then but with basic, a month of details while waiting for the revamped school to start and then the school, who had time to take shots. Or even a camera. When I went back a few months later for combat school I had my camera but the Loons were gone. I got shots of the museum just inside the gate and found a H-19 helicopter parked behind a building near the main chapel and a bunch of F-84s.