Rick's CH-53E Super Stallion 1/48 scale.. Started Painting

It's looking pretty sharp. Nice work. I like it.

Oliver

Thanks , this is very hard an time consuming. The engine Does not look like much yet ,but took some time for me .

Also my clean table is not so clean. Its very dirty .

From cutting and sizing plastic . Not right size , to long, to short , one side to big the other side to small . so on so on .

Do you do the same ?

Thanks a lot

Rick

Not much modeling going on .I decided to upgrade the model work bench .

I really like this setup .

I built the top out of Maple wood .i been working on this for about month . I went to Ikea yesterday pick up a drawer system and legs

Enjoy

Rick

Before

001_4.jpg

Nigel checking out the new work bench

002_2.jpg

003_3.jpg

004_1.jpg

007.jpg

Thank you

Little update on my engine build . I have The paint finished . I really like it . Came out very nice .

My only issue is the orange brown color ( i could not get that color ) . I know its not correct , but good enough for me .

Enjoy

Rick

1024px-Helicopter_engine_CH-53G.jpg

004_19.jpg

Thank you

No modeling at this moment.

But my air compressor I built locked up . I used the wrong compressor for this type of app .

So I made a video about my second and better air compressor set .This set up is very nice ,,

Enjoy my video

Rick

Edited by infofrog

Thank you

Not much been going on , only my day job here lately . i just want to update some photo's . I have a the front nose attached . Was not a great fit , but it works . I also have extra photo etch installed

Enjoy

Rick

005_6.jpg

006_6.jpg

011_2.jpg

013_1.jpg

014.jpg

New compressor rebuilt

007_4.jpg

001_6.jpg

the frisbee antenna towards the rear is a satcom antenna. We had that same antenna on some black hawks. The towel rack on the side might be a HF antenna. We had something similar to that as well along the side of the tail cone. Not sure about the bits on the middle, but I'm sure someone on here does know :-)

-Ramon

Check you refs, you need to use only one of either sets of antennas boxed in this pic,

001_38_zpslmx25f13.jpg

I believe they are both HF antennas, and the 53s that I have seen had either the towel rod or the supports for the HF wires.

Towel Rod:

IMG_9209.jpg

Wires:

IMG_4533.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

HTH,

mason

Edited by doupnik

Here is picture of my new lawn mower

Rick

001_1.jpg

I have a four year old "personal Pace" Toro mower. It is a piece of junk. The transmission has failed, $150.00 to replace it. It is hard to start, have to use starter fluid to get it going. It has an electric starter and was a $400.00 mower when I bnought it new. Briggs and Stratton motor. Next time I will get a Honda powered mower. Hope you have better luck with your transmission.

I have a four year old "personal Pace" Toro mower. It is a piece of junk. The transmission has failed, $150.00 to replace it. It is hard to start, have to use starter fluid to get it going. It has an electric starter and was a $400.00 mower when I bnought it new. Briggs and Stratton motor. Next time I will get a Honda powered mower. Hope you have better luck with your transmission.

I hope so .Worked great all summer . has a 5 year warranty ..

Rick

Check you refs, you need to use only one of either sets of antennas boxed in this pic,

001_38_zpslmx25f13.jpg

I believe they are both HF antennas, and the 53s that I have seen had either the towel rod or the supports for the HF wires.

Towel Rod:

IMG_9209.jpg

Wires:

IMG_4533.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

HTH,

mason

yes your are correct .The cd I have shows your so correct . Thanks

I was going off manual on that one .. Thanks again . I'll take the two smaller one's off

Rick

Edited by infofrog