Krasnaya Zvesda:1/48 Su-27UB Undecided

M2ger:1/72 Su-34 Revell kit

Zdenko: 1/72 Su-34 Revell kit

Sebastijan: 1/72 Su-27 Ukraine Revell kit

Sebastijan: 1/72 Su-47 (display only)

Jim Barr: 1/72 Su-34 "White 45" Italeri kit

Aaron: 1/144 Chinese Su-27 Dragon kit

scalemdlr_svaz: 1/72 Su-35 Russian knights

scalemdlr_svaz: 1/72 Su-34 What if (display only)

dashotgun: 1/48 Academy kit

Ian 32nd: 1/32 Trumpeter kit

Cloggy: 1/48 Indian Su-30MK MiniHobby kit

Raptor5: 1/48 Test Pilots Su-27 Academy kit

Raptor5: 1/48 Ukrainian Su-27UB Academy kit

Skuki: 1/48 Su-33 Academy kit with SOL conversion

David sMIGielski: 1/72 Su-30KN Heller kit

Is it Windy Yet?: 1/48 Academy Kit

CW3 Eric Swanberg: 1/72 Hasegawa

I'm a bit late starting my next project. Was meant to finish off my 1/48 F-15DJ last weekend.

This weekend i'll start on my 1/48 Academy SU27B. Using a NeOmega 'pit and Linden Hill decals. Still unsure on what scheme though.

Just picked up a digital camera, so in-progress pics will be posted!

ok, one will be a Russian VVS SU27B (can't find my sets of decals or I'd tell you which one it will be). Kit 90% built, need paint and decals.

A second entry will be a SU33, it will be the one featured in Linden Hill's Flanker's on Patrol, decal set one. If I can find it because of course it's sold out and I did not buy a sheet on time (bummer).

A third entry, if I finish it on time, will be a bird fropm Flankers on Patrol set 2 or 3.

I hope to finish at least one on time! :cheers:

Said

Guest Guest_tony9409

You can count me in for the Su35UB in 1:48 scale. :D I'm thinking of doing at least one other in 1:48 so decisions...decisions :o an Angolan UB one or Blue 56 Ukranian or Russian Knights Su-27UB.

For Blue 56 I'd need some guidance on obtaining the squadron specific markings since I don't believe I've seen them on a sheet yet and my ref photos just don't cut it to make one.

cheers, :P

Tony

count me in with a Academy Su-27UB 1/48! i gonna use a pair of wing tips ECM pods (i know the name but i forgot how to spell the name :thumbsup: ), the status of my flanker it`s 0% i have to buy the `pit and the decals any suggestion?? i am thinking about the Angolan Su-27UB of hi-decal, but i really want to see the new linden hill decals to place my order.

fapa-daa_su-27ub_001.jpg

OKB KZ,

The pods are "Sorbtsya" I'm pretty sure, There is a bit in Ken Duffey's Academy Flanker build on the Linden Hill site which you will probably find useful (If you don't have it already).

http://www.lindenhillimports.com/48flankers.htm

I got the rough shape of mine down in 1/72 last night, but haven't added any of the extra details yet. Pretty easy build, and a nice way to do something different. Mine are going on the Su-34...

I think the Linden Hill decals are supposed to be out in August now? You can get the construction done before then anyway.

-Jared

bingo! thats the right name!!, well anyway, i can swear that everybody here knows what we are talking about (the Sorbsbi...well you all know!! :thumbsup: )

about the Ken "green putty master" article about the Su-27 with the ECM pods looks great!! and i have my copy in the box of my Academy Su-27UB, a friend of mine have the Cutting edge res. `pit and and includes de ECM pods but, in my opinion those pods looks a lil bit "smooth" in detail (pretty plane), so maybe i could add more detail using some references of ken D. Sorsbytya (sorry for my lack of russian)

and about the decals, ill be waiting to see those linden hill decals, lets see whats new for us the Flanker GB

• 2 weeks later...

Add me in for a Su-27UB in Angolan markings in 1:48 scale. It's in progress already with basic parts cleanup/glued inderway and the rear deck area for a proper open canopy done. Do we post in progress here in the GB or over in ARC's in progress section ?

regards,

Tony

regards,

Hehe I went to the shopping center today to buy some shorts for my fitness training and I left it without shorts and with a Revell 1/72 Su-27 which I'm gonna be build in Ukrainain splinter demo scheme... so put me up for both planes Su-27 in prize category and Su-47 in "Flanker any beyond" category ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Construction has begun!!!

Cracked my canopy (refer to my topic in Jet Modelling), so i'll have to buy a cheapie trumpeter for another one...

I bought the Xtracolor SU27 colors....as they're way to dark i'm going to have to lighten them down some....or paint as is and mist a light coat of the base pale blue color over the top - giving a more faded realistic look.

I'll start posting pics as i make more progress....

Hey scalemdlr_svaz,

I put your entries up on the list, but what's been decide is that the Flankers need to be "real" in order to be in the running for the prize from Diego at Hi-Decal for the end. The "What if" projects are more than welcome, and we'll put them up here with the rest, they just won't be in the competition. Sound good?

-Jared