1/72 Raython Harvard II

Has anyone heard of any mfg. making an injected molded 1/72 Harvard II. I can' believe no one has made one yet considering all the countries that use them. There are kits of A/C that were just prototypes and never saw service, why not one that is used?

Has anyone heard of any mfg. making an injected molded 1/72 Harvard II. I can' believe no one has made one yet considering all the countries that use them. There are kits of A/C that were just prototypes and never saw service, why not one that is used?

Ozmods makes a 1/72 scale PC-9. Is that close enough. (don't know why this is in 'Todays Birds')

Tony

:D, If the Texan II has the wide low pressure tyres that our PC-9s have it may well be a very close match. and yes, I don't know why so many companies make prototypes when there are other popular production aircraft outthere that almost no one is producing.

:cheers:,

Ross.

I think there are a few differences between the PC-9 and Texan II. Things that come to mind are a different canopy, rear fuselage strake under the tail, nose forward of the windscreen, upper fuselage just behind the canopy, horizontal stab and ejection seats.

My reasoning is that the was a PC-9 conversion created for the 1/48 Ibex Texan kit and these were the mains parts in the conversion.

Here is an image of the Ibex Texan II converted to a PC-9 ( in 1/48), not my build BTW

DSC06610_zpsd78kqjau.jpg

Edited by Trojan Thunder
  • 1 month later...