For 1:72, try Hasegawa Typhoon. Plastic is crisp and nice details.

The fit is better too, the decals are great, the pilot figure has the new HMSS helmet and it's the only kit to have a full set of underwing pylons.

The downside of the Hasegawa kit is the price (it's very expensive for a 1/72 jet), the poor HUD, the unforgiveably rubbish ejection seat and the engine nozzles, which are moulded only in the 'closed' position. This makes it impossible to build an accurate model out of the box of the aircraft on the ground with the engines shut down. Olimp do replacement nozzles in resin, but they don't fit, however the 'closed' nozzles from the Revell kit do fit.

In a choice between Revell and Italeri it's Revell all the way. In a choice between Revell and Hasegawa it's a tie, as the disadvantages of both kits cancel out their respective advantages.

In a choice between Revell and Italeri it's Revell all the way. In a choice between Revell and Hasegawa it's a tie, as the disadvantages of both kits cancel out their respective advantages.

Nice to-the-point post, Bobski.

Gene K

What typhoon kits are you talking about and what scale, that would be easier to answer your question. 😉

1/48 scale. I have the Italeri and before I started it I was wondering if the RG Kit was a rebox or a better kit. Sounds like I need to buy the RG.

Thanks for the replies.

1/48 scale. I have the Italeri and before I started it I was wondering if the RG Kit was a rebox or a better kit. Sounds like I need to buy the RG.

Thanks for the replies.

RoG 1/48th Typhoon is in NO way related to Italeri's kit. RoG kit is very nicely detailed, but the fit could be better around the intake. The decal sheet has markings for all its european users and almost all weapons the builder could want to hang under the wings

The 1/32nd kit was upscaled from this kit, while the 1/72nd was a downscaled version.

There was an earlier Revell 1/72 boxing, with Italeri kit. It had a prototype on the boxart.

I still remember building the new Revell 1/72 Eurofighter. The new kit wasn't what I had hoped for. It required a lot of putty on the wing/fuselage joint. Fuselage was a little warped. Not something You'd expect from a kit few months old. I guess I'd build one more, just to cross my swords with it. HTH :cheers:

RoG 1/48th Typhoon is in NO way related to Italeri's kit. RoG kit is very nicely detailed, but the fit could be better around the intake. The decal sheet has markings for all its european users and almost all weapons the builder could want to hang under the wings

The 1/32nd kit was upscaled from this kit, while the 1/72nd was a downscaled version.

The first Revell Typhoon was the 1/72 twin-seater, which was scaled up into a 1/48 single-seater. Both kits have a twin-seat fuselage with the avionics bay behind the cockpit and under the airbrake. On a single-seater the avionics bay is where the second seat would be on the twin-seater and in front of the airbrake (if that makes sense).

In 1/48 it's the Revell kit all the way. Italeri's kit (and the earlier Revell boxing of it) is closer to the original Development Aircraft than it is to a production jet.

All things considered, I should probably just build the Italeri kit that I have. I have a severe case of AMS, and the kit looks simple and has a low part count. I haven't actually completed a build in over a year. Once I get out of this rut I'll pick up a Revell. Thanks for all the input.