lost a friend today.

My 13 year old beagle Lucy passed away today at home. She was doing well this morning but my wife called me at work saying she thought the dog was dying. She died before I got home. She was a very sweet dog, but as people who have beagle know she was a challenge. She will be very missed. We are having her cremated so I can bury her in her favorite spot in our back yard.

My dad has always fawned over his dogs and I never understood why until I got a dog of my own. They really do become your children. I don't know if we take care of him more or if he takes care of us more. They truly are your little buddies. My dog Perry greets me with the same excitement no matter if I'm just getting home from work or if I'm just getting in from taking the garbage out.

Viperguy, I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. It's a sad day indeed.

Best wishes,

Eric

So very sorry to hear you lost your best friend. Unfortunately it's the down-side to loving animals & having pets. I've lost 2 dogs and 3 cats since 2007, and it never gets any easier. You gave Lucy the best life possible, and I'm sure she knew you loved her.

Peace be with you.

BW

Viperguy,

Sorry for your loss. We put down our last dog several years ago, as it's just heart wrenching for us when the time comes to go through this for the 3rd time. Like so many that have posted their condolences, I know and understand your pain. Please accept my sincerest sympathies.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W