Great Wall Mig-29 9-12 Late Type

I have two 9-13's, both wrong. My anger knows no beginnings.

That was funny as hell dude! but don't you mean your anger knows no end?

I jumped on the very first late model 9-12 4811 because at the time the consensus was it was better than penicillin.

That was funny as hell dude! but don't you mean your anger knows no end?

I jumped on the very first late model 9-12 4811 because at the time the consensus was it was better than penicillin.

No, I know what I said. Both are wrong. Couldn't possibly care less! ;)

I'd like to snap up a copy of one of these myself but I can't come to terms with shelling out $60-70 bucks for a copy- anyone happen to know of a source offering a cheaper price for them to be had?

I'd like to snap up a copy of one of these myself but I can't come to terms with shelling out $60-70 bucks for a copy- anyone happen to know of a source offering a cheaper price for them to be had?

If you're willing to come to Singapore, my LHS sells them for US$45 and change.

Mark

Hello to all: Well, as I read this topic I went to my kit stash, opened the 9-13 boxing and.......bloody Mary!, it also has the wrong pylons and fuel tanks, what a crap, it is a very expensive kit, it is supposed that things like these ones couldn´t happen to a first class kit!. Just sent a pm on their Facebook page

Edited by dagger00

Hello to all: Well, as I read this topic I went to my kit stash, opened the 9-13 boxing and.......bloody Mary!, it also has the wrong pylons and fuel tanks, what a crap, it is a very expensive kit, it is supposed that things like these ones couldn´t happen t a first class kit!. Just sent a pm on their Facebook page

I did the same thing! My 9-13 is the same as the 9-12 late. However, the 9-12 early and the JG-73 boxing have the corrected parts.

There is another "correction"....fuselage, between engine nacelles just behind front wheel bay

I have two kits

- the first one 9-12 late - with wrong fuselage shape between engine nacelles and

- 9-12 early (which contains "late" parts too)....this issue has reworked fuselage bottom.

I do not know how it is done in 9-13

Do you have any experience with GWH parts replacement?

thx

Petr

Has anyone got a good contact address for GWH?

Has anybody tried there Facebook page?

Well I wrote in their facebook page and send them an e-mail, you can enter www.lionroar.net and there you´ll find their e-mail, anyway, this is it: marketing@lionroarmodel.cn.

I´ve sent an email to them and to the Hobby Store where I bought the crap, my suggestion is, anybody who has the wrong parts should enter to their facebook page and leave a complaint, I did that. It is very frustrating that a company that is supposed to have "super wonder kits" make mistake after mistake in a row...remember their P-61?, now their MiG-29 and their F-15.....Trumpeter has been beaten a lot for less than those mistakes....if I haven´t got a response for them I will simply won´t buy a kit from them ever.

Maybe for you, dude is no big deal cos you have a good job and a better salary, here fifty bucks means smething. I would´t argue if I´ve just paid 15 USD for it, but it cost me 50 USD plus shipping, and I am exercicing my right to have a proper product for wich I paid for. It is not an "old" Monogram P-51 kit, it is supposed to be a state of the art one with a good quality control, well, it seems they don´t have a good quality control at all, let´s see how it is their customer service.

Just my two cents

:salute:

I bought my 9-13 late in the game, knowing that I may get "unaccurate" parts, but I don't see it as entitlement to claim the corrected ones for free.

If there was a short shot or cracked canopy, yes.

KH would go bankrupt if the guys that bought their Mig-25 kit started yelling "we bought it and it looks... now give us a whole new accurate kit for free".

Vedran

I bought my 9-13 late in the game, knowing that I may get "unaccurate" parts, but I don't see it as entitlement to claim the corrected ones for free.

Why not? Seems like a reasonable request..

I just found that one of my kits (9-13) has the wrong parts. I am not going to cause an uproar as I am sure this is not a quality control problem as they didn't know about it. When notified, they at least retooled their parts.

Good luck getting a company like Tamiya to do that. I agree it is an expensive kit but it is also far better in so many ways over the Academy & Monogram items that I can live without the fuel tanks and will only need to replace the weapons pylons.

In all seriousness, I have been looking at my new 9-12 Late (with Farewell USA German markings) and might be open to trading the corrected fuel tanks, decals, & NATO gear for the decal sheet and corrected weapon pylons from the 9-12 Early. I'm more interested in the shark mouth aggressor schemes so the pylons are far more important than the fuel tanks. Maybe someone who wants this configuration is willing to trade.

mig29sc.jpg

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

The wing tanks that caused so much uproar are almost NEVER seen on an operational MiG-29. They are only used for ferry flights for the most part.

And honestly, if no one had ever told anyone about the too-short pylons, I seriously (*very* seriously) doubt that one in 100,000 people would ever have known the difference.

I cracked a canopy while building a GW MiG-29 and contacted them via an email address provided in the instruction sheet,they responded in about a week and two weeks later I received the part I needed,free of charge. That's an excellent customer service.

Cheers.

<...> It is very frustrating that a company that is supposed to have "super wonder kits" make mistake after mistake in a row...remember their P-61?, now their MiG-29 and their F-15..... <...>

Mistakes like that are made by all companies. In just about every kit (if you looked hard enough). But Great Wall seems to be the only manufacturer that actually does something to fix these mistakes. Just about all other manufacturers release a kit - and never touch the moulds again, whether they're accurate or not. I mean, try emailing, say, Academy and demand some corrected parts for their MiG-21s with the wheel bulges on the fuselage in the right places. I wonder what their reaction would be?

<...> Trumpeter has been beaten a lot for less than those mistakes.... <...>

That's correct, Trumpeter has been beaten for smaller mistakes. And what did they do about those mistakes? Oh, right! Nothing. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Sweet. Eff. All. You'll get the same hosed kit in the nth re-release that you got in the first release.

I bought my 9-13 late in the game, knowing that I may get "unaccurate" parts, but I don't see it as entitlement to claim the corrected ones for free. <...>

Why not? Seems like a reasonable request..

Because having to deliver the corrected parts for free would kill any and all incentive to actually produce a corrected version. Correcting the mould costs money, producing "extra" parts (extra as in replacements) costs money, shipping said parts costs money. Why would anyone re-tool a mould to get better parts out of them if they had to resupply every customer with free parts? For absolutely no gain to the company! Has any of the other manufacturers gone bankrupt for supplying wonky kits and not fixing them? Demanding the corrected parts for free seems like a sure-fire way to get Great Wall to return to the modus operandi of 99% of the other manufacturers - "take it or leave it!"

I just found that one of my kits (9-13) has the wrong parts. I am not going to cause an uproar as I am sure this is not a quality control problem as they didn't know about it. When notified, they at least retooled their parts.

Regards,

When the kit was made and sold, the parts in it where correct to the best of their knowledge of the manufacturer at the time! It is not a Quality Control problem!!! When G.W.H found the problems they made corrections at considerable expense to the manufacturer :worship: and production and sale of the previous version was stoped. There is a possibility that some of the previous versions were still somewhere in the sales pipeline or in the secondhand market. G.W.H did as much as it could to correct the kit to make it a better scale reproduction of the original!!! Not something that you find today with manufacturers. They did not argue with the modeling community (as most manufacturers do) but did they homework and I am sure learned their lesson (which had a serious cost in retooling the kit).

Best regards

Gabor

Because having to deliver the corrected parts for free would kill any and all incentive to actually produce a corrected version. Correcting the mould costs money, producing "extra" parts (extra as in replacements) costs money, shipping said parts costs money. Why would anyone re-tool a mould to get better parts out of them if they had to resupply every customer with free parts? For absolutely no gain to the company! Has any of the other manufacturers gone bankrupt for supplying wonky kits and not fixing them? Demanding the corrected parts for free seems like a sure-fire way to get Great Wall to return to the modus operandi of 99% of the other manufacturers - "take it or leave it!"

I would disagree here. If a company found that their parts were defective and did their best to replace them FOC, they might not gain anything financially but they will gain goodwill which to some would be considered worth more than cold hard cash as it promotes customer loyalty and generates even more goodwill via word-of-mouth. The retooling is probably a small price to pay for the increased sales in the future. They did the same with their F-15B/D kit if you can recall. And those were pretty large parts and not simply missile pylons.

Mark

Edited by gb_madcat_sl

I would disagree here. If a company found that their parts were defective and did their best to replace them FOC, they might not gain anything financially but they will gain goodwill which to some would be considered worth more than cold hard cash as it promotes customer loyalty and generates even more goodwill via word-of-mouth.

I think they already gained a massive amount of goodwill simply by correcting the parts and giving their clients the option of replacement parts for older kits or improved accuracy with newer kits. I for one became a big fan of them based on the fact that they have now twice improved the accuracy of kits (that were pretty good upon initial release), after the kits were released.