CD48090 - Battle of Britain Typhoon

Hi Drewe,

I used the same color I used for the slime lights for most US-built aircraft, and the color seems to match the kit sheet very well. But now that you pointed it out, I see there is ample space on the sheet and I could squeeze it in somewhere. I will edit the artwork before it actually goes to press within days.

The Typhoon sure has lots of stencilling - I had to pare it down to whatever is unique on ZK394 in this scheme. Stencilling underneath the airplane are mostly identical to the standard scheme, so you will need to source these from the kit sheet. I think this is fair - a full set of standard Typhoon stencilling would have turned this into a far bigger project than I had in mind. What is included on this sheet is either unique to ZK394 (the walkway marnings on the fuselage are in black and read "DO NOT STEP OUTSIDE THIS AREA" as opposed to being in gray and reading "DO NOT STEP AFT OF THIS LINE" on the standard scheme, etc.) or a large, visible stencil that has to be included for completeness.

One thing I had to omit in the 1/72 sheet are the walkway warning stripes ("dotted lines") on the wing - these are barely visible in this scale in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I will receive the 1/48 and 1/72 BoB Typhoon sheets from Cartograf in a couple of days, and enable preorders before the weekend. I also finished a 1/32 version, which I plan to release in September in very limited numbers.

Edited by KursadA

Enabled preorders for both 1/48 and 1/72 sheets - I will start shipping these on July 11. The rest of the new batch will probably ship a few days later, so you might want to wait a little bit if you would like to add any of those.

This is another limited edition with only 300 sheets printed in each scale.

Caracal Models CD48090: 1/48 RAF Typhoon FGR4 "Battle of Britain"

Caracal Models CD72042: 1/72 RAF Typhoon FGR4 "Battle of Britain"

Edited by KursadA
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm glad you liked the Typhoon sheets. Just a reminder that the reference site for CD72042 should actually point to that of CD48090 - I will fix this later today. The photos at the ref. site should be useful for anyone building a Typhoon in this scheme.

http://caracalmodels.com/references/cd48090/

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...

Having some difficulty finding a 1/48 scaled Revell kit. The "single" seater is hard to find for a reasonable price... :(/>

Yes! I was able to find it in a local listing of buy and sell website. But its not available anywhere.

Check this listing on ebay

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Revell-1-48-Eurofighter-Typoon-model-kit/151791923100?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20141121090453%26meid%3Db696c49494cb4e34a2319b68c542df3f%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D121419270934

Check if HLJ can help you. They have it listed as 'Out of Stock'.

http://hlj.com/product/REV04568/Air

May be KursadA decals have spiked the demand for this jet. Also, there isn't much in after market for Revell Typhoon which is a surprise for me as its a modern jet and a popular subject, but apparently its not.

Thanks for the info, stalal!

It does appear that only the 2-seater can be found with relative ease but the single seater is a harder find.

I'll keep checking the "For-Sale" threads and ebay and hope for a decent deal soon.

Thanks again.

• 2 years later...

Folks, has this sheet recently been featured in a magazine or Web site? I have suddenly started getting a spurt of orders for it. This usually happens after some positive coverage in a magazine or Web site build feature, and I am wondering if I missed a build feature somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 5:15 PM, KursadA said:

Folks, has this sheet recently been featured in a magazine or Web site? I have suddenly started getting a spurt of orders for it. This usually happens after some positive coverage in a magazine or Web site build feature, and I am wondering if I missed a build feature somewhere.

I think its due to recent re issue of Revell single seat Typhoon.