ARC Discussion Forums
HomeBe

1:48 - Ilyushin Il-28T "Beagle" by Bobcat Hobby Model Kits (ex-Xuntong) - 3D renders+sprues+test build - release in 2019

It is most likely that the new Xuntong product will be on display at the Nürnberg Toy Fair, I mean the 1/48th SB-2 bomber (http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=289151&view=findpost&p=2768094).

Unlikely as they don't exhibit in Nürnberg. At least I didn't find them in Exhibitor Directory.

Unlikely as they don't exhibit in Nürnberg. At least I didn't find them in Exhibitor Directory.

In a distributor stand?

V.P.

Any news about this kit yet? Or about this company in general? Things seam to have fallen off the face of the Earth with Xuntong Model. Even their domain name has expired on the WWW. Or is it just me?

Edited by Otto

Last news from this company dated late December 2015 when pictures from the future 1/48th SB bomber kit were published in Scalemodels.ru homepage: http://scalemodels.ru/news/9658-testovye-otlivki-Xuntong-1-48-sb.html

Also of my interest is the future Xuntong 1/48th Yak-28P "Firebar"...

And as you I observed the expiration from the domain name. But it's not the first time it happen!

Fingers crossed.

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe

I am really looking forward to this kit. Even if it is not perfect but just close. A much overlooked subject to say the least. I am not willing to pay $200 for the resin kit.

I am really looking forward to this kit. Even if it is not perfect but just close. A much overlooked subject to say the least. I am not willing to pay $200 for the resin kit.

The HpH kit is awesome and worth the money if you're one of those guys who likes to add a ton of detail. You'll probably get close to it if you stuff it with Eduard and Aires sets.

No fresh news. Just that the Xuntong's Yak-28 project will be proposed under the new Bobcat Model label. I suppose i'll be the same for the Il-28. Fingers crossed. 

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe

16 minutes ago, HomeBe said:

No fresh news. Just that the Xuntong's Yak-28 project will be proposed under the new Bobcat Model label. I suppose i'll be the same for the Il-28. Fingers crossed. 

V.P.

HomeBe, do you know when they plan

to release the Yak-28?

I hate too be a  Debbie downer here, but those panel lines look so deep and wide you could fly an X- wing down them. Still looking forward to this kit.

Brad

On 1/12/2016 at 9:09 PM, HomeBe said:

In a distributor stand?

V.P.

BomCat will exclusively distributed by LuckyModel worldwide and together with Kinetic distribution network. We will have a display in 2019 Toy Fair soon.

On 12/7/2018 at 12:49 AM, Raymond Chung said:

BomCat will exclusively distributed by LuckyModel worldwide and together with Kinetic distribution network. We will have a display in 2019 Toy Fair soon.

Mr. Chung, please tell Bobcat to scale back those  panel lines.

Thank you

Brad

On 12/9/2018 at 7:58 PM, B.Sin said:

Mr. Chung, please tell Bobcat to scale back those  panel lines.

Thank you

Brad

I suspect it may be a little too late for that. We'll have to deal (or not) with them ourselves.

I'm up for one, need to start saving my pocket change to afford it. 🤪

That post deserves a REALLY LIKE button. :cheers:

There are very few new kits I intend to buy this year, but this is near the top of my short "buy" list.   The huge number of color schemes and users for this aircraft should keep decal makers busy. I wonder if there will be a Mandrake in the tooling too?   I see that Bobcat has announced an On Mark Invader (Nimrod) kit coming also.  I really like this company.  Might we see an RB-66 in 2020?