ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
HomeBe

1:48 - Ilyushin Il-28T "Beagle" by Bobcat Hobby Model Kits (ex-Xuntong) - released

:woot.gif::woot.gif::woot.gif::woot.gif::woot.gif::woot.gif::woot.gif::woot.gif::woot.gif:

Xuntong Model Bobcat Hobby Model Kits is to release (in 2018 ?) a 1/48th Ilyushin Il-28 "Beagle" kit - ref. 48006
In fact the Il-28T Soviet Navy Torpedo-Bomber type but I suppose all the other variants are in the pipeline!
Sources:

Source: http://www.xtmodel.com.cn/html/2015/pexplain_0420/21.html

3D renders

222436z8otoi0mp1lmttqn_1.png

post-1-0-29938200-1430082719_thumb.png post-1-0-71668400-1430082720_thumb.png post-1-0-08615300-1430082722_thumb.png post-1-0-68160000-1430082723_thumb.png post-1-0-24820500-1430082725_thumb.png

post-1-0-71713700-1430082726_thumb.png post-1-0-29723600-1430082728_thumb.png post-1-0-05995200-1430082730_thumb.png post-1-0-80150400-1430082732_thumb.png post-1-0-77703000-1430082735_thumb.png

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by HomeBe

My f@#$/^g expensive and difficult Hph is nearly ready, so it is logical that a mainstream kit will come. Murphy's....

(and in difference to Hph it will have a left and a right engine....)

Edited by Floggerman

Xuntong just became my favorite company!!! I begged and pleaded with MPM to do this, and they said they had the design well underway - in 2007. More vaporware that they could have cleaned up with.

wohoo.jpg

When I found out, I almost wanted to cry with happiness! Then a little while later, I happened to notice the other announcement, a Yak-28. At That point, I thought it was the second coming! LOL.

It's a shame that that Czech company's Yak-28 in 1:48 scale never made it to market.I just hope these guys go fine on the panel lines and get the outlines right! Thank you

Xuntong!

Edited by B.Sin

look definitely cool with torpedoes hanging on each side of fuselage!

that will make an awesome addition to my 1/48 soviet jets collectionyahoo.gif

This is one I've been waiting for for a loooong time!

That's it! I'm not buying any more resin kits! =) Bring forth the injected molded Beagle and Firebar!!!

My f@#$/^g expensive and difficult Hph is nearly ready, so it is logical that a mainstream kit will come. Murphy's....

(and in difference to Hph it will have a left and a right engine....)

Floggerman,

I'm right then with you. Got my kit back at Christmas. I didn't mess with it because it's too nice to mess up with my skills. Initially, I was tempted to sell it on ebay, but I'll keep and and build it.

I feel your pain. If they come out with a 1/48 Concorde , I'll lose my mind.

Chris

I just read that AMK is also researching the project in 1/48. I just cant bring myself to spend the +- $200 for a resin kit and after a bit of time have it drop on the shelf.

Floggerman,

I'm right then with you. Got my kit back at Christmas. I didn't mess with it because it's too nice to mess up with my skills. Initially, I was tempted to sell it on ebay, but I'll keep and and build it.

I feel your pain. If they come out with a 1/48 Concorde , I'll lose my mind.

Chris

There is a 1/48 Concorde, Chris. Its resin and well etched. But don't lose your mind... If you buy one you'll lose your bank account! I know of one if you're interested.

DET1460

Is been about four months since Xuntong made the announcement, anyone out there in model land have any updates as to the progress of the project?

I just read that AMK is also researching the project in 1/48. I just cant bring myself to spend the +- $200 for a resin kit and after a bit of time have it drop on the shelf.

Where did you read that?

Where did you read that?

I'm a little confused here, are we talking about a 1:48 scale il-28, or are we talking about a 1:48 scale Concorde?

I'm a little confused here, are we talking about a 1:48 scale il-28, or are we talking about a 1:48 scale Concorde?

he mentioned a 200$ resin model... so it should be the Il-28... he should have wrote "a 600$ resin model.." if he was refering to the concord kit.

but i never read or heard anywhere that AMK would be gathering info for a Il-28 project... i highly doubt of that.

he mentioned a 200$ resin model... so it should be the Il-28... he should have wrote "a 600$ resin model.." if he was refering to the concord kit.

but i never read or heard anywhere that AMK would be gathering info for a Il-28 project... i highly doubt of that.

I remember reading something about it over on Britt modeler.

Maybe at the Nürnberg Toy Fair 2016 (27.01.16 - 01.02.16).

Wait and see.

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe

Maybe at the Nurnberg Toy Fair 2016 (27.01.16 - 01.02.16).

Wait and see.

V.P.

Do they go to Nurnberg?

It is most likely that the new Xuntong product will be on display at the Nürnberg Toy Fair, I mean the 1/48th SB-2 bomber (http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=289151&view=findpost&p=2768094). Stand? This will be for sure the best place to obtain fresh news from the Il-28 and Yak-28 projects.

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe

Since this is the Jet modeling IL-28 forum, is there any news on this kit yet?