ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
HomeBe

1:48 - Ilyushin Il-28T "Beagle" by Bobcat Hobby Model Kits (ex-Xuntong) - released

21 hours ago, Vaildog said:

Those clear parts don't look great TBH

On a test shot, I don't expect them to look crystal clear. I'm sure before production begins they'll get the final polish on the molds done.

Having in mind the upcoming Bobcat Il-28, we will release two decal sheets covering some interesting and colorful Beagles - both sheets are scheduled for late March:

Hi-Decal HD48035 Ilyushin Il-28 Beagle (4)

- "red 40", 7th Bomber Brigade, Polish Air Force 1963. 
On 10 April 1964, "red 40", acting as an "agressor" during an international exercise, was accidentally rammed by the intercepting Czechoslovak AF MiG-19PM "1002", both aircraft crashing as result of the collision.
- "black 1733", Egyptian Air Force, in sand/green camouflage, Kom Awshim AB, 1973. 
- "black NH-1/01", Target Tug, Finnish Air Force, in aluminum/dayglo scheme, Utti AB, 1968. 
- "red 208", Target Towing Wing 33, East German Air Force, in brown/green camouflage, Peenemünde AB, 1980. 

as well as:

Hi-Decal HD48036 Ilyushin Il-28 RT/U Beagle/Mascot (5)

- "red 2088", 929th Bomber Battalion, North Vietnamese Air Force,in green/aluminium scheme,1972.  
On 9 October 1972, two VPAF Beagles, Il-28 "2088" and Il-28R "2184", successfully bombed the LS32 CIA/Air America base and runway at Bouam Long in Laos with cluster bombs and OFAB-250 fragmentation bombs, causing severe damage to the installations.
- "black NAF 802", Nigerian Air Force, in sand/green/grey-green camouflage during the Biafran Civil War, 1969.
- "red 19", Il-28RT ELINT version with double belly radome, Hungarian Air Force,1965. 
- "red S3", Il-28U Mascot, Polish Navy, Siemirowice AB, 1970
- "black 193", Il-28U Mascot, Target Towing Wing 33, East German Air Force, Peenemünde AB,1965.

_wsb_510x376_Il-28%2BPethe.jpg&key=9185b

Greetings

Diego

www.hi-decal.eu

Edited by Diego

Diego, pardon my ignorance but, which decal company would that be? Web site?

32 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

Dear ARCers,

The 1/48 IL-28 soon coming in March 2019.

BOMBCAT 1/48 IL-28

Exclusively distributed by LuckyModel.com 

You will have my order!

J

Were IL-28's NMF? Or were they painted silver/aluminum lacquer? I'd love to do a NMF, but of course only if it actually existed...

J

Wow, that box art is really something. I'd love to have a Hi-Res version. That would make a great desktop background.

On 2/23/2019 at 1:24 AM, Raymond Chung said:

Dear ARCers,

BOMBCAT 1/48 IL-28

That's a really good price for a kit of this complexity and size.

Edited by DonSS3
Add Raymond's info

On 2/23/2019 at 8:24 AM, Raymond Chung said:

Dear ARCers,

BOMBCAT 1/48 IL-28

Great news Raymond. And....if you get them to do Su-15 we will all owe you a drink 😁

52 minutes ago, Petarvu said:

Great news Raymond. And....if you get them to do Su-15 we will all owe you a drink 😁

WORD!

14 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Were IL-28's NMF? Or were they painted silver/aluminum lacquer? I'd love to do a NMF, but of course only if it actually existed...

J

Every pic of a "silver" colored I could find online appeared to be painted. You can tell by the monotone color. Still looks nice, but NMF would have been cool :dontknow:

8 hours ago, Mstor said:

Every pic of a "silver" colored I could find online appeared to be painted. You can tell by the monotone color. Still looks nice, but NMF would have been cool :dontknow:

Yes, I would have thought it's painted, in keeping with other USSR machines of the era. Just the box art suggests NMF, and it looks so good...

J

So many of the early Soviet/Russian jet aircraft were such ungainly looking machines. This one is really rather attractive. Clean smooth lines. Balanced symmetry. And now, torpedoes! What's not to like. I agree with you Jeffrey, it would look really good in NMF.

Posted (edited)
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:55 AM, JeffreyK said:

J

I had a discussion with the Head of German Airforce Museum (Gatow/Berlin), Lt.Col. Leonhard about their Il-28. They got this plane camouflaged (see Diego's post) as a target tug, flew in early 80's. Today the Gatow-Il is silver painted - and I'm not convinced that this was originally  the case. Lt.Col. Leonhard mentioned that they found during restauration layers of silver colour under the camouflage. Another hint  could be that the radome (on some pics) seems to be silver as well (originally green plastic). So my POV is still - delivered NMF, maybe later painted. It is known that East German AF made experiments with at least 4 silver painted MiG-21F-13 at this time.

Gatow:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/40894385/German-Aviation-Museum-Gatow

Edited by Floggerman

Floggerman, thanks for posting the link to the Gatow museum. An amazing collection of aircraft.

My memory may be incorrect, but I understood that Soviet aircraft were delivered in natural metal, but all had a protective clear sprayed over the finish as corrosion control.  This clear protective coat was a clear with silver pigment mixed in.  Not enough to make it opaque and that panel differences would show through the protective coating.  

20 hours ago, Mstor said:

Floggerman, thanks for posting the link to the Gatow museum. An amazing collection of aircraft.

I agree 100%, I really enjoyed scrolling through the photos.

On 2/24/2019 at 3:55 AM, JeffreyK said:

My grandfather flew the Beagles (sadly, he's passed a long time ago); they all were unpainted (except markings) and unpolished, as my father remembered. An aluminium paint was used on a museum airframes.

On 3/5/2019 at 7:32 PM, aircal62 said:

My memory may be incorrect, but I understood that Soviet aircraft were delivered in natural metal, but all had a protective clear sprayed over the finish as corrosion control.  This clear protective coat was a clear with silver pigment mixed in.  Not enough to make it opaque and that panel differences would show through the protective coating.  

And if I understood it correctly, an anticorrosion finish was applied on a Soviet planes in late 70s or an eary 80s. So it's a bit different times. 

Cheers! 😎

On 3/4/2019 at 4:51 PM, Mstor said:

So many of the early Soviet/Russian jet aircraft were such ungainly looking machines. This one is really rather attractive. Clean smooth lines. Balanced symmetry. And now, torpedoes! What's not to like. I agree with you Jeffrey, it would look really good in NMF.

Balanced symmetry. I thought symmetry was usually pretty balanced.