1/32 trumpy ef-2000a paint colors need help

Hi to all.I am currently building the 1/32 trumpeter ef-2000a typhoon. Trumpeter does not give paint codes in the manual for avionics bays,radome,etc. I have been online for awhile now and cannot find any good pics of these areas. I usually only build us fighters so im new to the color codes on such an aircraft. can someone give me colors for radome area,and avionics bays? thanks in advance.

Edited by f14 tomcat freak

The radome is coated (not painted) in shade equivalent to BS381 626 aka BS626 "Camouflage Grey". BS = British Standard.

IPMS Stockholm Color Reference Chart

BS381 626, e-paint.co.uk

The topcoat of British Typhoons also corresponds to BS626. Compared to the airframe's BS626 topcoat, the shade of the radome's coating sticks out slightly, being somewhat duller in sheen and, depending on the lighting conditions, BS626 may exhibt a lighter or darker hue. A similar effect as found on F-16 radomes.

Avionic bays: pretty much the same colour as the wheel wells and landing gear struts - a very light grey. On some photographs, it holds the look-and-feel of an off-white.

52-001_zpswr0jcfqo.jpg

HTH

Erik

Edited by Airfixer

Not sure about that interiour green call-out.

The avionic bays are very light grey/off-white all-over, the same for the inner faces of the bay covers.

_DSC5267_zpsw13a26c1.jpg

LRUs (Line Replaceable Units) aka avionic boxes: almost unvariably black - black boxes. wink.gif

Mid-fuselage avionics bay

Edited by Airfixer

The interior bays,Lg,intake trunks,etc look to be the color Insignia white 1745 or camouflage gray 1733 when compared to Model Master paint charts.In which is the system ill be using. thanks a lot for the close up pics big help.

They are light grey on the real aircraft. Definitely not white.