Xuntong Yak-28P topic - where is it ???

I hope we don't have to wait too long before one of these kit's hits the shops. I would like to think since they unveiled it, it's more than halfway through the tooling processes,this way the competition can't beat them to market.

Edited by B.Sin

I had a look at the topic late in the morning and the “Strato” man with all this fiction 3D printed products was going completely silly. So it took it completely off the topic. I guess this is why it was removed.

I have to say, going back to the Yak-28P question, Ken has posted a lot of photos of a “long nose” version (which is now at the Zadorozhnuj museum near Moscow) from all the way back when the same airframe was shown at the Hodinka airfield inside Moscow. That airframe No. “52” was really in Hodinka in 1993 but as far as my research goes it had spent a decade or two in the Yakovlev OKB storage. It was pulled out for the Hodinka “show” only to be taken back into the darkness for a few more years before the OKB museum and the aircraft were sold to Mr. Zadorozhnuj and by this they were saved from destruction / being scraped for metal.

Ken you are right it was (at one time) shown at Hodinka. :worship: :worship: :worship: It is a perfect airframe with a complete cockpit!! :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: Shame it is so high up . . . Still worth a visit!

Best regards

Gabor

Yes, my "Firebar" topic has disappeared. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

You can find nearly the same post here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234980742-148-yakovlev-yak-28p-firebar-by-xuntong-model-cads/

A serious forum where such important topic doesn't disappear... :whistle:/>

V.P.

It's unfortunate but lately, the mods have been extremely heavy-handed. They have been deleting or locking entire threads, often due to just a few out-of-line posts. It's especially unfortunate because ARC appears to be dying a slow death. It seems that most of the popular forums are averaging 4-5 posts per day at times, while some of the others (the armor / ship forums) often don't get more than a post or two per month. Instead of suppressing these threads, I wish they would just delete the offending post(s), so that the discussion can carry on.

The site mentioned above seems to have a different approach and from what I've seen, they seem to have a more active membership. Just my $0.02.

Anyway, getting back on subject - my favorite version of this aircraft is the "Brewer" bomber variant, especially the later ones used for defense suppression. Can it be assumed that these guys will eventually release the glass nose variants as well? Something unique about a high performance, swept wing jet with an archaic glass nose for a bombardier.

Instead of suppressing these threads, I wish they would just delete the offending post(s), so that the discussion can carry on.

Agree. But at least they're not as bad as another site based on a large island just west of the coast of France. Their mod just bans people for life for highly variable, capricious, and illogical reasons. Reminds me a lot of reasons for being put on the....

Black_List_Button_Lowres.jpg

Anyway, getting back on subject - my favorite version of this aircraft is the "Brewer" bomber variant, especially the later ones used for defense suppression. Can it be assumed that these guys will eventually release the glass nose variants as well? Something unique about a high performance, swept wing jet with an archaic glass nose for a bombardier.

I'd hope they'd take their basic CAD and do the Brewers, but I'm totally stoked for the interceptor variant. My uncle has fond memories of seeing these guys off the coasts of Anadyr and Petropavlovsk Kamchatskij back in the day, when they came up to say hello to the RC-135s...

And the best part is, the missiles are already done for their Flagon kits! :deadhorse1:/> :woot.gif:/>

Seriously, these guys must have a telepathic link to my brain, as evidenced by the Tu-2S and now this.

They have a Flagon kit? As in Su-15? Are we talking same companies here?

I would love to see that happen!A new Su-would be welcomed.

We need a replacement for the Trumpeter train wreck. I would love to know what they were looking at when they designed that kit?

Edited by B.Sin

They have a Flagon kit? As in Su-15? Are we talking same companies here?

Sorry, yes it was wishful thinking.

But so far all Xuntong's planes are twins. The Su-15 is a twin. Ergo...

OTOH it never carried torpedoes as far as I know, and that appears to be a BIG MINUS for Xuntong! :woot.gif:

Really bad, fuzzy pictures of the Su-15 they found on the internet. If that.

The model looks very much like the drawings in the AJ Press monograph by Butowski/Pankov/Ponomariev, 1994.

I seem to remember a guy from Australia or some such, discussing how he made the master for Trumpeter, many years ago. But maybe I am fooling myself.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...