Converting F14A to a B - exhaust options

I am thinking of converting my 1/72 hasegawa F14A to a B. What are my options for the exhausts. I know of 3rd Wire and Dr Pepper nozzles, but are they still around. I can't find anything from Aries. The only thing from Aries I though might work would be the F16 nozzles - I think it's a GE F110 engine but not sure of fit.

Richard

You'll still need the engine shrouds that are different between A and B/D models.

Aires did the A exhausts. Not sure if they ever did the B/D ones specifically.

Yes, best bet would be Dr Pepper resin.

Here's a quick list of what you need to do to convert an A to B:

- GE F110 nozzles

- Square off the engine fairing. This is easily done with some tape and putty.

- Delete the wing glove vane. Rebuilt B's were faired over and new B's were deleted altogether.

- 3 sets of ECM blisters. Later A's had the two sets under the wing glove/intake area. The B's also had the blister on the leading edge of the wing glove like the D's.

- Left front gear door with an oval-shaped ECM blister and the vent moved back. This will probably be the toughest thing to do. Late A's had them, so you'll have to look inside your A kit and see if it's there.

- Tall TACAN antenna behind canopy. Again, later A's had them, so check your kit.

Really and truly the only things that were outwardly different from late A's and B's were the nozzles and wing glove vane. Everything else essentially looked identical.

Thanks for the info, I forgot about the gun vents. I think I may have a spare floating around. I am however looking for AM exhaust nozzles for a F14B or who is in the business of making them. Maybe I will just build an A.