Bad guys? :unsure:/>

In certain sectors, the Russians are looked at as being aggressors.

Of course in certain other sectors, folks tend to look at the US the same way.

It's all good. Hope they have a wonderful parade!

Looks like a few countries have opted not to attend though:

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/news/article/russians-seethe-over-western-snub-of-victory-day-parade/519915.html

Nice one Exhausted.

Worthy of note is both the T-14 Armata and the heavy APC which are both part of a planned common family. Something like the commonality between Israel`s Merkava IV and the Namer HAPC, but the Russians are planning a whole range of off-shoots, including a production weapons platform following on from the BMP-T `Terminator` demonstrator.

I noticed production Mi-28 and Ka-52 on show as well.

Cheers, Ian

Maybe it's the Communists Drug Cartels in the Islamic State of Panama.... at least that what I put together from my handlers

BTW, the State Guard is pretty laughable here. I encountered them once in Fredricksburg. They were a group I saw at a bar-b-que restaurant consisting of very obese males and females in US Army uniforms that say "Texas" on them. Fun fact: the TX state guard is one of two state guards with an air wing (a couple of Black Hawks). Oh well, I know my governor isn't the type to waist money on frivolous things, so using the state guard to to "monitor" the US military must be important :D/>

Edited by Exhausted

In certain sectors, the Russians are looked at as being aggressors.

namely russia, where it's being embraced and promoted since they fell on their vodka back in 1991 and like most has beeN Divorcees still want to prove they "got it"

In the meantime they keep "reboxing" the old hardware. We know it's the same mould guys, you can stop now. The new paint and decals aren't fooling anyone.

Good luck to Russia, where it should always be 1975

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

The new equipment at the victory parade is very interesting, thanks for posting the link. I am looking forward to following the actual parade: The live broadcasts are usually pretty good.

There is an interesting article on Janes that gives a brief breakdown of the new Russian armour platforms:

http://www.janes.com/article/50896/new-russian-heavy-armour-breaks-cover

The article unfortunately seems to mix the Armata platform with the T-14 itself, but otherwise it is not too bad.

Dear Mods et al

I hope that you appreciate that I started this thread to discuss the Russian tech on show, not to praise or knock any political standpoint.

Nice find on the Jane`s link Mfezi.

Cheers, Ian

namely russia, where it's being embraced and promoted since they fell on their vodka back in 1991 and like most has beeN Divorcees still want to prove they "got it"

In the meantime they keep "reboxing" the old hardware. We know it's the same mould guys, you can stop now. The new paint and decals aren't fooling anyone.

Good luck to Russia, where it should always be 1975

Very well put....:D

BTW, the State Guard is pretty laughable here. I encountered them once in Fredricksburg. They were a group I saw at a bar-b-que restaurant consisting of very obese males and females in US Army uniforms that say "Texas" on them. Fun fact: the TX state guard is one of two state guards with an air wing (a couple of Black Hawks).

I'm sure they'll do a good job of protecting those obsessives (sorry, citizens) from 1,200 SEAL's and Green Berets who are going to take over the state, disarm the population, turn local Wal-Marts into concentration camps and while they are it, fluoridate the drinking water.

I feel sad for those special ops troops. Most/all of them have probably done multiple combat tours, they deploy for a training exercise at home and then are slagged for being the evil bad guys by their fellow citizens.

I think MA has similar outfit - the Massachusetts State Defense Force. An untrained state militia that is exempt from federal activation and reports direct to the governor. The ones I have seen around here are in similar physical condition to your crew down in TX. They don't have their own air wing tho...

Is that a new marking on the sides of the tanks, APC's etc??

Not really; that is basically a band symbolizing the war. "We remember" type of thing. Not sure how to explain it otherwise.

And people say Biden and Romney have nothing in common... :lol:/>/>/>

Which would you rather have standing behind your wife as you give a speech though ?

17041292-mmmain.jpg

:rofl:

-Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost