TRUMPETER NEW 06/15 SU-24 1/72

Between this and the Fulcrums, Trumpeter is going to bankrupt me...

Well... not only You :) Trumpy is getting me pretty excited this year :D Gotta see where the nearest bank is ;)

Hope the model will be good :) :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Good grief.

50 bucks for an injection molded and mass produced kit?

http://www.hlj.com/product/TRP01672/Air

<_</>/>

Even a finely molded 1/72 Hasegawa swing-wing kit like the Tomcat and F-111 goes for less than half of that. Add a Hase weapons set or two for only about $10-12 more. Still more affordable than Trumpeter's greed. :angry:/>/>

Yep looks like Trumpeter has been adjusting its prices upwards.

Oh well, wait and see the reviews. If the kit hasn't major flows, I'll be in it for one box for sure.

Edited by Platycqb

Still more affordable than Trumpeter's greed. :angry:/>

Or........

Hasegawa Su-33 .... price in UK £44.99

Trumpeter J-15 .... price in UK £29.16

Trumpeter provides folded wings, unfolded wings, plus ready-for-takoff with flaps down PLUS a flight deck with blast deflector and deck crew.

Hasegawa just provides the plain old kit.

Without the flight deck, the J-15 will be about £20.

I know which manufacturer I prefere.

Ken

Good grief.

50 bucks for an injection molded and mass produced kit?

http://www.hlj.com/product/TRP01672/Air

<_</>

Even a finely molded 1/72 Hasegawa swing-wing kit like the Tomcat and F-111 goes for less than half of that. Add a Hase weapons set or two for only about $10-12 more. Still more affordable than Trumpeter's greed. :angry:/>

Japanese shops are not the most representative when it comes to prices for Chinese kits but yeah, even if it is ~35USD it is still expensive for their quality.

Ken

And which one is that, Trumpeter? On first glance Trumpeter J-15 sprues looked nice but the builds i have seen has just seemed off. Not entirely sure what exactly but it just didn't look right. I prefer Hasegawa Su-33 looks all the way (after two easy corrections) and the kit can be bought for 30USD relatively easy.

So gonna disagree here, even if folded wings are nice. :)

Or........

Hasegawa Su-33 .... price in UK £44.99

Trumpeter J-15 .... price in UK £29.16

Trumpeter provides folded wings, unfolded wings, plus ready-for-takoff with flaps down PLUS a flight deck with blast deflector and deck crew.

Hasegawa just provides the plain old kit.

Without the flight deck, the J-15 will be about £20.

Ken

That;s due to import taxes and distributor in the UK. If you go by currnet prices in their own country of origin, the Trumpeter J-15 is around $30 whereas the Hsg Su-33 is around $23.

And which one is that, Trumpeter? On first glance Trumpeter J-15 sprues looked nice but the builds i have seen has just seemed off. Not entirely sure what exactly but it just didn't look right. I prefer Hasegawa Su-33 looks all the way (after two easy corrections) and the kit can be bought for 30USD relatively easy.

So gonna disagree here, even if folded wings are nice. :)/>

I must agree with you Berkut, Trumpy Flankers dosent look right to my eye, Hase Sea flanker have nicer overall apperance :-) in green box and green plastic it came around 20 bucks

Im sure it has an oversized windscreen wiper or the curve on the B/N's armrest is incorrect but it sure is a great looking kit and I doubt you would mistake it for an F-111 or Devastator..

suchoi-su-24mk-fencer-trumpeter.jpg

114694-o.jpg

Hasegawa Su-33 and Trumpeter J-15 side-by-side.....

j-15_061.jpg

j-15_064.jpg

j-15_065.jpg

More pics here - scroll down to the bottom.

Re the retail price - don't forget that the Trumpter J-15 price includes the huge plastic flight deck.

Once they re-release it without that deck it will be about 2/3 the price....

Just saying...

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

In my neck of the woods that J-15 is priced alright, more or less the same as Hasegawa Su-33, and just a little more than... HB Jaguar A. Seriously?! Jaguar A? :bandhead2:

Still can't wait for that Trumpeter -24!

Once they re-release it without that deck it will be about 2/3 the price....

Just saying...

Ken

Are you being payed by Trumpeter or something Ken? :) Price isn't everything, if it was one might as well suggest Italeri Su-33. So if trump one costs 25 bucks instead of 30 like hasegawa, it doesn't cure the clearly way over sized canopy and windshield for starters.

Am I misremembering it, or wasn't their 1/48 kit pretty widely panned? Wonder if they fixed the problems or if it's the same thing 2/3 the size?

I completely agree with Jennings. I built the 48th Trump SU 24 and it took lots of corrections to get it CLOSE to a real Sukhoi. The wings were the worst to get right. And if they >Trump< just downsize that kit, you might want to "correct" the Dragon kits with NeOmega 'pits and wing corrections, and save your money. (The wings, from the fuselage out, including the gloves, are drooped down 4 degrees. I think the Stream kit is the only one to get that right.)

JMHO

DET1460