TRUMPETER NEW 06/15 SU-24 1/72

I do seem to recall some shape issues with Dragon Su-24's, with fuselage length and intakes shape. OTOH that 50$ price tag for the Trumpy's Su-24... that's a lot. [Hope mode off] :(

That's awesome - once again someone offers their opinion and those who dare to disagree with the self-appointed experts have to get a dose. I guess if you like a certain model from a certain company, you're automatically an apologist. Why don't you guys go pound sand? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions even if they don't align with your own.

Sorry to go off topic, but you did ask.......

j-15_074.jpg

My eyes are old a watery - but I can't see much difference - certainly no deal breaker as far as I am concerned.

And no, I am not an apologist for Trumpeter.

Ken

It can be your picture,as I still have to purchase their Su-33 or any of their Flankers but:

Trumpeter

IRST seems too tiny

Antennas too big

Canopy seems more big and tall too

the area between windshield and radome seems more flat

Intakes too have something different

but I remember that Ace Combat Infinity Su-35 from certain angles do looks more like a Mig-29 than a Flanker

Anyway since they are painted with a different scheme it must be my impression,have to check .ru forums and what they do say about it but if Trumpter goes Su-35/37 I will stick with them and steal spare parts from Hase kits

Edited by Mizar

Are you being payed by Trumpeter or something Ken? :)/> Price isn't everything, if it was one might as well suggest Italeri Su-33. So if trump one costs 25 bucks instead of 30 like hasegawa, it doesn't cure the clearly way over sized canopy and windshield for starters.

Are you paid by Has?

Pictures are in front of you, all of us. Good grief... These Trump bashers.....

Are you paid by Has?

Pictures are in front of you, all of us. Good grief... These Trump bashers.....

Show me one (1) quote or anything where i bashed Trumpeter J-15. Just one. If you can't, maybe you shouldn't cry wolf everytime there is any sort of critique or preference of kit X over Y? How about that?

Edited by Berkut

These Trump bashers.....

Trumpeter gets "bashed" because they consistently put out inconsistent, often really spectacularly mediocre products. They've done some real gems, but their gem to dog ratio is really, really low. If you happen to like the crap kits they put out (and the ridiculous prices they seem to want for them), then by ALL means buy, fondle, build, and be happy. But please lay off the "bashing" comments. Pointing out inconsistencies and inaccuracies in a product is NOT "bashing" the company. If I put out a crap product, I expect a reasonable and fair review of it. So should Trumpeter.

If you think a company puts out something not to your standards, feel free to point out the issues you see. But why is someone that disagrees an "apologist" for that company? Make your point and leave out the personal bullshit. Very simple and grown-up way to have a discussion. Again, the same people with the same nonsense... Every time certain manufacturers put out a new product, it's the same arguments, but it never stays on topic (i.e. - what makes so-and-so's kit "junk"). The minute someone disagrees or says they like a particular kit, there's one of three people making it into a personal thing. I'm guessing only the unwashed uninformed ignorant modelers "fondle" models...

Edited by jgrease

Show me one (1) quote or anything where i bashed Trumpeter J-15. Just one. If you can't, maybe you shouldn't cry wolf everytime there is any sort of critique or preference of kit X over Y? How about that?

Sweet...

How should I interpret you calling (even with a smiley face at the end) a fellow modeler who is showing the models he build and hence providing evidence a hired gun!

If anything you have a personal vendetta against Trump, HB and Kittyhawk.

Same with you Jennings.

Couple of you guys judging companies and their products so easily without any hesitation, it can be seen as bashing nothing else.

Edited by foxmulder_ms

Every time certain manufacturers put out a new product, it's the same arguments, but it never stays on topic (i.e. - what makes so-and-so's kit "junk"). The minute someone disagrees or says they like a particular kit, there's one of three people making it into a personal thing. I'm guessing only the unwashed uninformed ignorant modelers "fondle" models...

Pretty sure you attacked anyone that did any sort of "rivet counting" (as you would call it) for MiG-25, F-106 etc. And it was a good and calm discussion with 0 drama before you two arrived and made some. I have never said to anyone that their build is bad because this and that is not accurate.

People can build however they like but in turn i expect that we are allowed to freely discuss mistakes in a kit. It seems to me that other side of the bargain is never uphold, and someone is always trying to derail any discussion because they somehow take any sort of critisism of a kit as "bashing". Like Foxmulder did.

Sweet...

How should I interpret you calling (even with a smiley face at the end) a fellow modeler who is showing the models he build and hence providing evidence a hired gun!

If anything you have a personal vendetta against Trump, HB and Kittyhawk.

Same with you Jennings.

Couple of you guys judging companies and their products so easily without any hesitation, it can be seen as bashing nothing else.

1; It was a joke. Ken got it and didn't take personal. No reason for you to be a white knight* and save him...

2; I don't have personal vendetta against those companies. It is not my fault it is the same companies that release subject i am most interest in; and the companies that has by far lower quality standards than anyone else. Believe me, i would sing praises for HB for ever if their T-50 or YF-23 was half accurate and that it was clear they layed some effort into the kits. Guess what, Eduards Bf-109 G6 is pretty horrible accuracy wise, but it is not horrible and i dislike the kit because it is Eduard. It just is.

3; Again, quote where i bashed Trumpeter over their J-15. Or stop making false accusations.

4; The discussion moved along just fine without any drama before you arrived and made some.

Ken didn't really post any "evidence" for anything. He didn't claim that J-15 is more accurate than Hasegawa kit. His approach was that Trumpeter offered more value for the money. The kits both cost the same (~30USD, Ken's links are not representative) and personally i feel the "extra value" is not enough to make me look past J-15 kit accuracy. But that is just my approach, i prefer good looking Su-33 over a carrier deck and folded wings option.

My question is, why do you care? If you like their kits, then by ALL means, PLEASE, buy, build, and be happy. I don't have to agree with you (count on it) for the world to keep turning. Life *will* go on if I don't like some of Trumpeter's products.

And for the record, I don't have a "vendetta" against anyone or anything. In fact, you really need to look up the definition of the word before you use it incorrectly again. Trumpeter (as I've said over and over and over) has some really spectacular kits. But they also, objectively, factually, have some really crap kits. The fact that you don't know enough about the subject matter to understand that isn't really my problem. But don't presume to know my motivations for anything, okay?

1; It was a joke. Ken got it and didn't take personal. No reason for you to be a white knight* and save him...

2; I don't have personal vendetta against those companies. It is not my fault it is the same companies that release subject i am most interest in; and the companies that has by far lower quality standards than anyone else. Believe me, i would sing praises for HB for ever if their T-50 or YF-23 was half accurate and that it was clear they layed some effort into the kits. Guess what, Eduards Bf-109 G6 is pretty horrible accuracy wise, but it is not horrible and i dislike the kit because it is Eduard. It just is.

3; Again, quote where i bashed Trumpeter over their J-15. Or stop making false accusations.

4; The discussion moved along just fine without any drama before you arrived and made some.

Ken didn't really post any "evidence" for anything. He didn't claim that J-15 is more accurate than Hasegawa kit. His approach was that Trumpeter offered more value for the money. The kits both cost the same (~30USD, Ken's links are not representative) and personally i feel the "extra value" is not enough to make me look past J-15 kit accuracy. But that is just my approach, i prefer good looking Su-33 over a carrier deck and folded wings option.

Is that why he had to write "And no, I am not an apologist for Trumpeter."???

My question is, why do you care? If you like their kits, then by ALL means, PLEASE, buy, build, and be happy. I don't have to agree with you (count on it) for the world to keep turning. Life *will* go on if I don't like some of Trumpeter's products.

And for the record, I don't have a "vendetta" against anyone or anything. In fact, you really need to look up the definition of the word before you use it incorrectly again. Trumpeter (as I've said over and over and over) has some really spectacular kits. But they also, objectively, factually, have some really crap kits. The fact that you don't know enough about the subject matter to understand that isn't really my problem. But don't presume to know my motivations for anything, okay?

I care because most of the time the "criticism" is baseless. And if this type of bashing prevents some people buying some kits it may prevent companies to come up with new products. I want new subjects!

Anyone, who is trying to show a kit has an error, should have courtesy to show a picture of the real thing, too if possible. And especially if one is comparing two kits, they have to mention the pluses and minuses of both kits.

I hardly ever see this happens so it is only natural for me to think you guys have smt else in mind.

p.s. Thanks for the valuable vocabulary lesson.

Edited by foxmulder_ms

I don't think it's baseless,for Trumpeter sometimes even your eye can notice that something is off.I started to be aware of this problems when I bought their Su-15TM and after checking the Ves kit online I felt like they ripped me off.

Is not that I hate them but really other than the upcoming Mig-29,Su-24 and their Flankers they barely did something interesting and if they did was just in the wrong scale with errors or scaled down by HB with the same errors once again.

I nearly bought their F-100F too but then eyes have you,it looked more longer than Esci,waited for a review or a build up then it turns out that the canopy was more longer than Esci so it was for the fuselage.Even for their 1/72 tanks both Ferdinand and Elephant were good pieces of work for a tank that has only two no longer working survivors,so it was their M113 and Bradley but then quality/accuracy went off,they nailed the Ferdinand but T-55 variants were off,the two Jagdpanthers were basically the same kit with the late Panther engine deck while most of the JPs had the A deck,Stug too was fine but oversimplified and can't give a word with other kits as they don't interest me but I think that even the JS3 was off and strangely enough KT and JT were fine while Dragon and Revell both messed up with details or with the suspension system.Mind you I love the Panther one day I opened I don't remember which forum probably the Braillescale section and it turns out that Dragon,Revell Panthers are out of scale or in scale but angles,glacis,turret ring,crew access door compartment and engine deck are more longer/shorter so the proportions are off

If it was a mere "miss" fine,who cares a resin replacement will probably do the trick,but when the wings are off,nose too,then the tail,then it goes straight to the stabs,fuselage too long it makes me to sell straight their J-10 and their F-8II as god only knows how accurate are them.Really I hate being forced to make said choice but as long there is a big lack of real deal references I'll not purchase any kit based on a chinese aircraft

Frankly, for me, an "close enough is good enough" kind of a guy, people who take their time to point out all the mistakes in the newly produced kit are actually quite handy. I like to know what sort of errors are there in the kit, so I can ascertain wheter it's an error I can live with (say Trumpeter 1/72 Su-27 LERX - they are a little too short), or not (intake area of Academy 1/72 F-16). As a general rule I just like to make my own mind on a said subject, even if it's not what everybody else is saying. Hell, I'm in such a spot right now with a choice between Zvezda and Hobby Boss S-47.

I guess I'm not afraid TrumpyBoss will go out of business, or will stop releasing new kits. I might be if they keep that weird pricing policy on their new kits - but then again, I guess I'm just cheap ;)

Any new info on the Su-24? Some more sprue shots?

• 4 weeks later...

anyone got it?

Anyone cares ? tongue.gif

Seriously, perhaps I'll get one but first I'm waiting to see if things like the spine height and nozzles area have been improved (which I seriously doubt) and that the expected retail price plummets.

Edited by Laurent

Anyone cares ? tongue.gif

Seriously, perhaps I'll get one but first I'm waiting to see if things like the spine height and nozzles area have been improved (which I seriously doubt) and that the expected retail price plummets.

I was going to order it but got two Hasegawa Pixy/Cipher F-15 instead,guess I'll be checking russian forums then,even on britmodeller forums nobody linked any kind of review :-\