F-15C Aggressor question

1/48 scale, Afterburner decals, the blue - gray splinter pattern. The color call out for the lightest gray is Model Master #2920 which is Insignia white, which does not match the FS# on the sheet, the color appears in photos to be a very light shade of gray when compared to the white gear doors. Is there anybody out there that can help me with this color dilemma? I've been wanting to do this F-15 for sometime and I want to get it as accurate as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read!(same question on the F-16 Arctic Bandits!)

To me it allways looked like dirty white.

I added some light grey to a pot of tamiya white and i feel like it did the trick.

this is waht my tamiya 1/32 is looking like.

IMG_2112_zpst5o2wm48.jpg

I also did the Blizzard Viper in 1/48, in this case i used Tamiya white primer spray, I think the final testors wash did the trick in dulling it up a bit.

image1_zps1y842ldu.jpg

Good luck with the builds, they will look awesome side by side!

To me it allways looked like dirty white.

I added some light grey to a pot of tamiya white and i feel like it did the trick.

this is waht my tamiya 1/32 is looking like.

IMG_2112_zpst5o2wm48.jpg

I also did the Blizzard Viper in 1/48, in this case i used Tamiya white primer spray, I think the final testors wash did the trick in dulling it up a bit.

image1_zps1y842ldu.jpg

Good luck with the builds, they will look awesome side by side!

Thanks guys, on closer examination of photos of the actual F-15 flat white should work with maybe a very, very, very thinned grey overspray.

1/48 scale, Afterburner decals, the blue - gray splinter pattern. The color call out for the lightest gray is Model Master #2920 which is Insignia white, which does not match the FS# on the sheet, the color appears in photos to be a very light shade of gray when compared to the white gear doors. Is there anybody out there that can help me with this color dilemma? I've been wanting to do this F-15 for sometime and I want to get it as accurate as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read!(same question on the F-16 Arctic Bandits!)

IIRC, the official color is 36628, but you can use 36622/Model Master 1733 just fine.

model-master-enamel-camouflage-gray-fs36622.jpg

Edited by Trigger