What is a "monster rack "

My brother is doing a painting at the request of the folks from VFA-147 (Argonauts) down at NAS Lemoore, CA. They want a painting with historical CAG birds in it (an A-7A, F/A-18C and F/A-18E).

For the Charlie (F/A-18C) they want "a monster rack on the outboard and a GBU-12 inboard".

So what exactly is a "Monster Rack"?

Thanks

My brother is doing a painting at the request of the folks from VFA-147 (Argonauts) down at NAS Lemoore, CA. They want a painting with historical CAG birds in it (an A-7A, F/A-18C and F/A-18E).

For the Charlie (F/A-18C) they want "a monster rack on the outboard and a GBU-12 inboard".

So what exactly is a "Monster Rack"?

Thanks

While Kate Upton would have been my first choice also, I have heard this term before. If memory serves correctly the term refers to 2 AIM 120's. And I do stand to be corrected.

Cheers,

Tom

Specifically, a "monster" is a LAU-115 with a pair of LAU-127 rails attached. It may also describe the LAU-115 with a pair of LAU-7s, but I've usually heard it describing the 115/127 combination. The name comes from, I believe, it being a big, unwieldy assembly.

• 5 months later...

Attack Squadron is outstanding! Very fine detail on their resin.

Wolfpack is also outstanding.

I've used both and am quite happy with both. I expect you to be happy with either.

I've purchased more Attack Squadron than Wolfpack, but that's based on the subjects.

Sprue Bros carries Wolfpack. I buy Attack Squadron from Arma Hobby in Poland.