New Southwest Colors Decals!

Authentic Airliners includes correct winglets with their 737NG engines. I think Braz may sell some, too. Haven't seen any WiFi bumps. I'm not looking forward to scratching some for the 737, E190, and A320 (because I'm lazy! :D ).

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Arjan and I are busy doing the most common 737NG WiFi dome (Southwest uses it as well). We have to overcome some casting problems first so no release date yet.

Are the smaller low profile wi-fi domes available in 1/144 somewhere? I have plans for a Westjet 737 and it looks like they use a smaller wi-fi dome.

Are the smaller low profile wi-fi domes available in 1/144 somewhere? I have plans for a Westjet 737 and it looks like they use a smaller wi-fi dome.

www.contrailsmodels.com does a few wifi domes but I'm not impressed with their product quality. But let's keep this thread just about Southwest 737's and the new decal sheet :)

• 5 years later...

I asked Brad Shinn over on Airlinercafe.com several years ago what he used on his model (LINK), and he said Tamiya TS-24 is a very close match. I seem to recall that he said he’d checked it against the real airplane. I have that paint and the cap is purple, but I haven’t actually sprayed a test card to see what it truly looks like.

Consensus over there is that Xtracolor Canyon Blue is too grey.

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...