Hello forum,

It has been a while since I've dealt with the F-14 in 1/48th scale and was wondering if you could help with some questions to help me refresh my memory.

Which hasegawa kit has the LANTIRN and bombracks included?

Do the aftermarket decals for the hasegawa kits fit the hobbyboss kits?

Thanks!

Hi, kits that have the extra parts in (that i know of) are 51622 (SP22) Diamondback Bombcat, and 09329 'LANTIRN'.

You will be better off buying a standard Hasegawa A, B or D and then buy a Wolfpack Designs Bombcat update set, which includes LANTIRN (LTS pod is the correct name for a Tomcat though), BOL rails, bombracks and pallets.

Most A/M decals will fit the Hasegawa F-14's, the best ones, Fightertown Decals, are sized for the Hasegawa cat, but they should fit the Hobby Boss kits with a minimum of trimming.

Edited by Parabat

Hi, kits that have the extra parts in (that i know of) are 51622 (SP22) Diamondback Bombcat, and 09329 'LANTIRN'.

You will be better off buying a standard Hasegawa A, B or D and then buy a Wolfpack Designs Bombcat update set, which includes LANTIRN (LTS pod is the correct name for a Tomcat though), BOL rails, bombracks and pallets.

Most A/M decals will fit the Hasegawa F-14's, the best ones, Fightertown Decals, are sized for the Hasegawa cat, but they should fit the Hobby Boss kits with a minimum of trimming.

Hey, thank you for the help. I think I will opt in for a Hasegawa B and go from there. I was also able to find the avionix set, but it doesn't seem to be of the same quality as Wolfpack in spite of having a wider variety of parts like the chinpods.

If I recall correctly, the hasegawa chinpods were a bit funky looking, or was it only the F-14D pod?

Thanks!

I think the majority of the chinpods are slightly off in some way or another. The Hasegawa TCS (F-14A/B ) pod is not large enough diameter wise, I'm not 100% on the F-14D pod.

The Avionix/Black Box set is not as nice as the Wolfpack Design, but you will probably need the Aires cockpit and exhausts if you're building the Hasegawa kit as their cockpits and exhuasts are lacking detail by today's standards.

Edited by Parabat