Looking for a copy of 'The Modern Eagle Guide'

I've learned a long time ago sometimes it's easier to just buy a really good book over hours and hours of searching for pictures and printing them out. With that said, I'm looking for a copy of the Reid Air Publications 'The Modern Eagle Guide' as I'm building a Tamiya 1/32 F-15C. I've found it online for $5800+...yes fifty eight hundred dollars. That's just beyond stupid. Haven't quite solidified a livery for the bird but I'm leaning toward the Aztec blue/grey/whitish camo. If you have a copy that your not using, have used, forgot about and found, I'd like to make a reasonable deal.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/McDonnell-Douglas-F-15C/2416797/L/&sid=6454f76dab0bd1ac87d1b9f0e9ab7263

I've found it online for $5800+...yes fifty eight hundred dollars. That's just beyond stupid.

Holy hell!!!!!!! seriously?????!!!!

Jake, I know I would love to have a copy of this one if you do a reprint and I know several other people who would buy it. I know you came out with another book on the A-10 but would love to see you reprint the first one.

..... I've found it online for $5800+...yes fifty eight hundred dollars. That's just beyond stupid.

I think it is because it is a FIRST Edition :)

No but seriously, if Jake does do a reprint, I am sure he will sell a bunch but would he sell enough to cover the costs? Just wondering here, and I may be out of line, but I would think that many of us have already bought the book.

Maybe I should just let Jake respond instead of me speculating.

I thought I read somewhere that Amazon uses some sort of algorithm to determine the price of "rare" or OOP books. It is based on the number of hits a product gets versus the number of items available. So when a bunch of people click on a item, the prices goes up, even if no one is buying it. Eventually the price adjusts when enough time passes that shows the interest has been lost. In a way it becomes a self licking ice cream cone when people see an outrageous price and then post it for others to see. Generating more hits and causing the price to rise further.

I thought I read somewhere that Amazon uses some sort of algorithm to determine the price of "rare" or OOP books. It is based on the number of hits a product gets versus the number of items available. So when a bunch of people click on a item, the prices goes up, even if no one is buying it. Eventually the price adjusts when enough time passes that shows the interest has been lost. In a way it becomes a self licking ice cream cone when people see an outrageous price and then post it for others to see. Generating more hits and causing the price to rise further.

Hang on... Don't you set the price for a book when you sell it? Never used Amazon so not sure. Who in their right mind would buy a book on an aircraft for that much money? Just stupid... :wacko:

Jake's book isn't the only case like this. A few months ago I was looking for "Sled Driver" by Brian Shul the SR-71 pilot. At the time it was going for $1,200.00 on Amazon. Now it's at $145.00

I'm going to reprint it and sell each copy for the bargain price of $379. That's very reasonable, right?

:monkeydance:/>

Not at $379 but if you sell it at $100, I will definitely buy it! I think that book is worth at leas that much!

Rob