Next Kit from Zoukei Mura?

In the latest "Old Man's Blog" on Zoukei Mura's site (#65, not translated yet at the time of this post), Shigeta-san gives the following hints about their next project:

1) they're getting close to the point when they'll add a jet to the SWS lineup

2) two seats, two engines

3) shown in Ta 152 Blog #5

4) 1/48 scale

Considering there is a photo of him in front of an F-4 in said Blog #5, it sounds like a 1/48 F-4 is incoming.

In the latest "Old Man's Blog" on Zoukei Mura's site (#65, not translated yet at the time of this post), Shigeta-san gives the following hints about their next project:

4) 1/48 scale

Considering there is a photo of him in front of an F-4 in said Blog #5, it sounds like a 1/48 F-4 is incoming.

The last time I talked to Shigata and Kawano they were planning an F-4 series....

4) 1/48 scale

just thinking a minute, I come up with several candidates:

* AR234 jet bomber, night fighter , or recon plane

* Skyknights

* A3 Skywarrior

* B66

* B47!!

* B57

* B45 Tornado

* A37B

* TU22M Backfire

* A6B

* F111

* S71

gary

That would be great! ...and would finally gives me the opportunity to to tackle one of those very appealing Zukei Mura SWS kits.

i'd love to do at least once, a full skelleton Phantom model...

I welcome any new F-4 Phantom kit, especially from Japan ! Like in the good old days ! It doesn't matter to me if Academy wants to do all the Phantom family, i have tried to get their C and E version and i cannot even find them anymore anywhere i looked online, it looks like they are sold out and they didn't produce a new batch ?? I wonder why given how popular the subject is. I just saw their new F-4J recently, but it was not the one i was looking for. So i hope Zoukei Mura might make a Phantom also.

Stephane

Stratosphere Models

Email: stratospheremodel@yahoo.fr

(...) i have tried to get their C and E version and i cannot even find them anymore anywhere i looked online, it looks like they are sold out and they didn't produce a new batch ?? (...)

Stephane

Stratosphere Models

C/E or C/D? Try here:

http://www.martola.com.pl/en307/produkty51016/mcdonnell_f_4c_phantom_vietnam_war

http://www.martola.com.pl/en307/produkty59096/good_evening_da_nang_f_4c

Edited by Andzin

just thinking a minute, I come up with several candidates:

* AR234 jet bomber, night fighter , or recon plane

* Skyknights

* A3 Skywarrior

* B66

* B47!!

* B57

* B45 Tornado

* A37B

* TU22M Backfire

* A6B

* F111

* S71

gary

I would have liked to see them do a 234, but they were strongly opposed to doing one because someone else was doing one, they claimed revell germany, which now appears to be the Fly kit. After seeig the Fly kit in person, its a typical limited run kit and wouldnt have been much compitition if any to them. But for some unknown reason they think the world needs more 190s and thats coming from someone who enjoys them! LOL

I would have liked to see them do a 234, but they were strongly opposed to doing one because someone else was doing one, they claimed revell germany, which now appears to be the Fly kit. After seeig the Fly kit in person, its a typical limited run kit and wouldnt have been much compitition if any to them. But for some unknown reason they think the world needs more 190s and thats coming from someone who enjoys them! LOL

I've read on two other sites that the seating will be side by side, and that's why I went with the list I presented. The S71 would be the rarest, and is simply an SR71 without the rear seat (eight foot shorter). I'd love a Skyknight, but a super high tech AR234 just goes over the top!

gary

As the original poster said, Zoukei-Mura's Japanese blog entry explicitly says that the subject will be a type seen in Episode 5 of their blog:

そうです。それはわたしのこのオヤジブログの第5話の中にいる愛しいあいつですぞ!
(Google Translation)

Here is the 5th episode in question. There are many types seen in the photos, but the only twin-seat jet I can see there is the Phantom..(I wish he was referring to the F7 Cutlass on the page) So I guess there is no room for speculation on other types.

Edited by KursadA

Wow...that is crazy. An F-4 would be so out of left field compared to what I would expect from them.

I don't think Academy's kits would influence them much either. They put out a P-51 following Tamiya, and are doing the same with the Dornier.

Funny, I have both the Academy F-4C and ZM He 219 on my bench at the moment. The Academy kit is a welcome kit by all means. It was time for a new tool F-4. It's building up nicely, but it isn't without frustration.

HOWEVER, I just can't see a ZM Phantom being without it's own frustrations. At least not if they go with the same from the frames up philosophy. The ZM 219 is one of the nicest detailed kits OOB I've seen. But ever...read E V E R Y one of the 400+ pieces I've removed from the sprues is covered in what I call micro flash, or mold seams...EVERY PART. The fit leaves a lot to be desired too. It isn't bad, but it's just enough where every join and seam needs sanding, leveling, filling, and re-scribing (provided it's on a panel line). If you don't want ever panel and piece open, you're going to have a lot of work...as I have found.

I honestly don't know if I could bring myself to buy another ZM kit at this point. But a Phantom would be hard to resist.

I welcome any new F-4 Phantom kit, especially from Japan ! Like in the good old days ! It doesn't matter to me if Academy wants to do all the Phantom family, i have tried to get their C and E version and i cannot even find them anymore anywhere i looked online, it looks like they are sold out and they didn't produce a new batch ?? I wonder why given how popular the subject is. I just saw their new F-4J recently, but it was not the one i was looking for. So i hope Zoukei Mura might make a Phantom also.

Stephane

Stratosphere Models

Academy hasn't released a E version yet, nor a dedicated boxing for the D.

Academy hasn't released a E version yet, nor a dedicated boxing for the D.

Vince,

Is this ROKAF release not a "dedicated boxing for the D'? Just curious!

Academy ROKAF F-4D

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Edited by SonyKen

I've read on two other sites that the seating will be side by side, and that's why I went with the list I presented. The S71 would be the rarest, and is simply an SR71 without the rear seat (eight foot shorter). I'd love a Skyknight, but a super high tech AR234 just goes over the top!

gary

The reality is theres no telling what they have up their sleeve. They were really pumped about jets though, F86 and some other things came up so who knows, but the F-4 seemed like a done deal. I personally think the 190 series was a bad choice when theres so many other subjects out there.

The reality is theres no telling what they have up their sleeve. They were really pumped about jets though, F86 and some other things came up so who knows, but the F-4 seemed like a done deal. I personally think the 190 series was a bad choice when theres so many other subjects out there.

When ZM came out with the Mustang at $80 verses the Tamiya for $140, I thought only a fool would dump another $60 into a bunch of plastic to gain about 5% or less. I still feel that way, and looks like others do as well. You see them everywhere rotting on the shelves. My local dealer got two Corsairs, and still has the second one for sale. Yet the Spitfires sold well. Face it folks are constantly bombarded with the same four or five fighters, and want something different.

On the otherhand some kits always sell well to a select group, and because of this they tend to finance the next thing on the horizon. That's a good thing.

Their Phantom should sell well in 1/32, but think it's a bust in 1/48th. I can't see them competing with Academy unless they start with a Spey Phantom. I actually doubt they'll do a Phantom anything in 1/48th. I think they missed the boat by not doing a P51B, and watched the cash roll in. The FW190 series will sell well, but so will the new Revell series of 190's. The others will go to Ebay.

gary

As much as I am excited about yet another Phantom kit hitting the market I may actually pass on this (unless I get one at a super price, ha not likely). As we all know ZM likes the make-all-the-internals kind of model and to be honest my modelling time is way too short for that.

However all this is speculation until we actually see some sort of announcement with the actual F-4 model presented.

Hmm should start a pool :)

Zukei Mura is a Japanese company, so it would make sense that they'd produce an EJ variant for their home market, and potentially dozens of decals for all of the interesting paint schemes the jet has seen over the years. And it wouldn't be hard to imagine a simple E/F version for the American and European markets.

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

Zukei Mura is a Japanese company, so it would make sense that they'd produce an EJ variant for their home market, and potentially dozens of decals for all of the interesting paint schemes the jet has seen over the years. And it wouldn't be hard to imagine a simple E/F version for the American and European markets.

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

in 1/48th, the Academy kit is often regarded as the top rung on the ladder. Price is fairly reasonable, but still not what I'd call cheap. The ZM kit probably will be well north of $100, and aimed at a select group of modelers. Folks over here will select the cheaper kit, as it's a knowingly accurate kit. Now if they can bring the Phantom in at around $90, they get rich! I'd rather have seen a 1/32 Phantom or an A37B Dragonfly.

gary

I hope ZM won't repeat the blunders of Academy (or BRA.Z., as they designed the kit). Yes, the kit is well detailed and builds well, but I personally can't stand those stabs and A/C intakes (which is why I made the correction parts in the first place), the weirdly miss-shapen tail and the canopy (too short front, too long back and extremely thick). All my Academy B's and C's will have reworked tails and Hasegawa canopies. There are other errors as well...

I second that ZM will probably start with an EJ.

Jeffrey

in 1/48th, the Academy kit is often regarded as the top rung on the ladder. Price is fairly reasonable, but still not what I'd call cheap. The ZM kit probably will be well north of $100, and aimed at a select group of modelers. Folks over here will select the cheaper kit, as it's a knowingly accurate kit. Now if they can bring the Phantom in at around $90, they get rich! I'd rather have seen a 1/32 Phantom or an A37B Dragonfly.

gary

The Academy F-4 not cheap? I'd say it's very cheap for a large 1/48 new tool jet.

They can be got, landed in Australia for around $45 AUD.... Thats cheap IMHO