Tsar Bomba - not really a jet, but...

I never thought I'd live to see an injection molded 1/72 kit of the world's largest, most powerful weapon - the 1961 Tsar Bomba. Might have to spring for one of these!

:)/>/

Good videos of this bomb are on YouTube. Here's one:

Edited by Scott R Wilson

That is begging for a Trumpy 1-72 Tu-95 to go with it.

I'm not holding my breath. But Amodel is in the (very slow) process of doing early Bears, so here's hoping. I'd kill for a Bear-G from them.

The Bear that dropped the Tsar Bomb was a Tu-95V - we discussed it 2 years ago over on Britmodeller....

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234930955-tu-95v/

You could modify the Amodel kit of the Tu-95M/U into a Tu-95V - not sure about the specifics, but it is very different from the current-day Tu-95MS variant as kitted by Trumpeter (and earlier by Amodel).

The Amodel Tu-95M/U is the glazed-nose early version with a different wing, fuselage length and cockpit to the later MS.

So it is very similar to the Tu-95V Tsar Bomber

Ken

Apparently Amodel give you instructions on how to modify their Tu-95M into the Tu-95LL that dropped the Tsar Bomba.

If they don't do more early Bear variants there is no justice in the world. I need a Tu-95RTs and a K22 in the worst way!! :)

The Tsar Bomb carrier was the Tu-95V....... the V stood for Vanya or Ivan (the official name for the Tsar Bomb)

The Tu-95LL ( "Letushchaya Laboritoriya " - Flying Laboratory) was a variant used as an engine testbed.

The bomb bay was modified so that various engines could be carried underslung for testing.

The suffix 'LL' is used on lots of Russian testbed airframes that are used as flying laboratories - such as the Su-27LL.

Ken

Well, as they say, irregardless... I need a Tu-95K-22 in a bad, bad, bad way :) We used to see them regularly out of what we then called "Ukraina" air base (actually Ukrainka) near Blagoveschchensk, calling on the Aleutians and around the western coastline of Alaska. Need one!! Used to see AVMF Tu-95RTs out of a base whose name utterly escapes me at the moment. Down near Vladivostok. Zee leetle grey cells are not what zey used to be...

My local brewery has a Russian Imperial Stout called the Tzar Bomba, which is the bomb btw! My plan was to drink it as I build by Amodel Bear/Tzar bomba combo, but at 12% alcohol, I just fell asleep instead....=)

"Tsar Bomba – Russian Imperial Stout

Layers of Roasted Grains & Sweetness of Molasses & Brown Sugar. This Beer is Huge!

12% ABV, 60 IBU

Currently On Tap at the Beer Parlor"

http://thegravitybrewing.com/beers-on-tap/

I asked the brew master about it...I guess he used to work at nearby Rocky Flats, so he was familiar with nuclear weapons of both sides...

Corey