MiG-15bis, GDR Air Force (1/72, Eduard)

Hello ARCers,

I'd like to show off my latest build, which is Eduard's MiG-15bis in 1/72 scale. Apart of Master Model turned brass gun barrels and pitot-static tube, Armycast stencils and Uschi van der Rosten goodies and little tweaks, it's straight out of the box. I really enjoyed this build and I hope you'll enjoy a couple of pictures :)

Real life bird

jprTk7G.png

Work in progress pictures: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=283211&view=findpost&p=2697664

9PrIBVp.jpg

AgzJBpK.jpg

v48hBvU.jpg

v168OT9.jpg

4EQqE5n.jpg

PQ6qa53.jpg

vMjZ4H8.jpg

8QmdfSZ.jpg

Thank you chaps for your kind words :)

Fantastic build! What metallic pigments do you use for weathering?

All weathering is done with airbrush and very diluted paint (basically dirty thinner) - light grey and light brown. Only pigment used was steel type of the Metallic Polishing Powder from Uschi van der Rosten range - you can see it on the air brakes and balance weights on the horizontal stabilisers and rudder. I've smudged some areas with the dirty cotton bud here and there - mostly maintenance hatches screws and such.

Your MiG came out really nice!

The colourful East German markings contrast nicely with the NMF finish. If you hadn't stated the scale I would have thought it is 1/48 or larger. This is both a testament to the quality of the Eduard kit and your skills! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Markus