Greetings!

I have recently completed Orange Hobby's F-35C.

I spent some time figuring out how to mix up some custom paint for the two grays that make up most of the plane. This is what I ended up using:

9f7f2973cb584a706394671ea4c49ef8.jpg b42abf92f89c10d2a1d8a8e754b4ddf6.jpg

Also, I had already started the masking process before I realized Orange Hobby came out with a masking set: http://www.orangehobby.com/logs/272106276.html.

D262B783-D54B-4233-B663-07A8E437242C.jpg

Something to use for next time...

In addition, some of the decals were not great. For instance the "NO STEP" decals were not anywhere near legible and any decal that should have been bright red had more of a red-brown look to it. I ended up using some decals from my abandoned Academy F-35A kit.

Here are the pics:

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

Yeap...it looks like the real thing...I just "finished" mine in 1/48 and I used Alclad in the mix to give that "metal" look...but yours looks just great...well done!

Your build looks awesome! I've had to check my box to see if I have the same model! Hope mine will turn out half that good when I finally grow some kiwis to tackle with it.

What's the name of your paint mixer application? Is it available for IOS?.

Thanks

S

It's called iModelKit Free. Very handy, it took me awhile to realize that I could select 3 colors and then push calculate and it would find the optimal mix. I had just been adjusting proportions by hand. :doh: