My original issue kit has the U S Martin turret

I have three US style PV1's and a couple PV1's with the BP turret. I know the RCAF flew some with the US made turrets, but was thinking about an RAF or Coastal Command airframe.

gary

I have three US style PV1's and a couple PV1's with the BP turret. I know the RCAF flew some with the US made turrets, but was thinking about an RAF or Coastal Command airframe.

gary

There are several Aviaeology 1/48 sheets devoted to the Ventura. One is listed here and the others are listed below this entry. The Venturas in Canada 1 sheet has BP turrets.

Edited by jimmaas

I'm more interested in U.S. turret design

gary

I wish Revell would have boxed the kits wih both noses and both turrets. I need two kits to build what I want. I only want to build one Ventura.

I may just try ordering what I need from Revell.

I know that Revell does a Ventura with the RAF style turrets, but did they ever fly one with the U.S. style turret?

gary

I should answer your question too, I know the RCAF did and one RAF unit in Canada flew with the US style turret. I am not sure if it was done elsewhere.

I should answer your question too, I know the RCAF did and one RAF unit in Canada flew with the US style turret. I am not sure if it was done elsewhere.

well I've been looking, and found one odd ball one. It has the U.S. built turret, and a solid nose with what looks like no side glass. But the bottom of the nose is a little different than the Revell kit. The nose would be fairly easy to reshape. Still I think there are better examples to find.

gary