Well *that* was interesting...

I was Googling something and found a link to a thread right here on ARC. When I clicked the link, where did it take me? Well *not* to ARC...

Adult Friend Finder.

Hmmm... Maybe a different definition of "Resource"??

Well, I'm following this closely because I've had some serious domestic (read "marital") issues since my home computer keeps trying to show ads for dating Asian beauties at the top of my ARC pages. I've never been to that, or any similar, site.

I keep "X"-ing it out, click it as "Inappropriate" for the reason...then Google thanks me for my input...then the same ad comes right back again!! :bandhead2:

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

Well, I'm following this closely because I've had some serious domestic (read "marital") issues since my home computer keeps trying to show ads for dating Asian beauties at the top of my ARC pages. I've never been to that, or any similar, site.

I keep "X"-ing it out, click it as "Inappropriate" for the reason...then Google thanks me for my input...then the same ad comes right back again!! :bandhead2:/>

I use a program called Adblock. Makes it so I never see any of those annoying ads.

Not when it interferes with home issue including accusations, it ain't!!!

My wife saw it, she laughed. I turned red in the face. I was going to show

her a model I was doing, I meant PLASTIC model! I guess I am just lucky.---John

I had exactly the same thing happen the other day. And it only happens when going through Google links, never if I come straight to the site using a bookmark. However, I've never attempted entering the site through links on other search engines.

It never gives *me* ads like that...

But you live in Canada.....I bet that when you type in "Beaver", you actually get links to the four-legged mammal with a flat tail......

But you live in Canada.....I bet that when you type in "Beaver", you actually get links to the four-legged mammal with a flat tail......

...how disappointing.

I had the same thing happen to me the other day by clicking on an ARC forum link through google search. To be clear, it's not an advertisement on the the ARC site itself - it actually hijacks you and sends you to adult friend finder.

... issues since my home computer keeps trying to show ads for dating Asian beauties at the top of my ARC pages. I've never been to that, or any similar, site.

I've had that EXACT problem ages ago & even highlighted it on one of the ARC threads ( this was way before the most recent ARC forum crash, quite some time ago). Someone suggested Adblock plus and it really works. I'm using Firefox and you can install Adblock Plus as a Firefox add-on. Works like a charm. I've also installed "Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition". As the name implies, it stops pop-ups.

've been having a similar issue with Google and not just related to ARC. Sometimes the link to the site Google finds goes somewhere else, click back try again and all is good. Not sure if it is something that slipped past the anti-virus / malware filters, an issue with Google or something else.

I have noticed the same issue as many others though, my ARC ads are considerably more adult than the random ads I get at other sites. If it was really based on my websurfing habits you would think I would get that across the board not only here.

Edit, Ironically the ad I got after posting this was for Disneyland. :thumbsup:

Edited by Aaronw