1/72 scale C-130E Rivet Clamp Special Operations Aircraft

Hello, All,

I've been away for some time due to health reasons but I'm almost fully recovered so I'm continuing with my C-130E project. I completed the front console and seats in what I call the "Talon" compartment, although the Talon designation did not come until after the Talon upgrade in 1972. Below are some pictures of the completed console. The seats are put in place for the photo but are not glued down yet as I have to add equipment racks to the right of the console and the seats would interfere.

Thanks for looking!

TNZi2B.jpg

kdOBYa.jpg

E8Yhse.jpg

Edited by striker8241

Hi, Walt,

No, I don't have any in-progress pictures. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera while I was building the console. It's just built from sheet styrene; the instrument panels are decals I made. I can provide the dimensions if you want them.

Cheers, and thanks for looking,

Russ

Awesome Russ! How'd you make the decals?

Thanks, Maj. I pieced them together from photos and printed them on decal paper. I had to use pictures of the later Talon console and nav console because there are none from the original Rivet Plank aircraft (that I know of). This console is shaped more like what I remember but then again, I saw it only once and that was 45 years ago.

Cheers,

Russ

• 1 month later...

Hello, All,

I've finally completed the right-side equipment rack after a minor disaster - below are some pictures of the rack and it's placement. The compartment basically looks like the Talon I upgrade at this point. Since I don't have pictures of the Rivet Clamp configuration, I've have to make it serve. However, I suspect there was little change in the rack and it's placement as there was very limited room in this area for all the equipment. Now it's on to the two rear consoles.

Cheers and thanks for looking!

CeAd79.jpg

tMn5YK.jpg

Edited by striker8241

Just read through the thread, and must say that this build is amazing. Simply inspirational. I wish I could do something half as good when I build my Hercules.

Just read through the thread, and must say that this build is amazing. Simply inspirational. I wish I could do something half as good when I build my Hercules.

Hi, Aidy, and welcome!

Thanks for the good words but I suspect you'll do a much better job than mine when you build your Herk. And please forgive this late response - I thought I had already posted a reply :bandhead2:/> .

Cheers,

Russ