I finished this a few days ago, I'm not a fan of the tri-colored plastic at all I found the black or metallic color sprue to be a very soft plastic, the only other thing that gave me a problem were the intake trunks. Now decaling is not one of my strong suits so I thought the large decals for the tail were going to give me a problem, but these things are awesome they went down like a charm and snugged right up to the model surface using microsol. I used a mix for Tamyia and MM enamels to paint it with an overcoat of future and then some flory wash. Thx for looking.

IMG_20150514_092027541_zpsfzyxwc6t.jpg

IMG_20150514_092059075_zpsnylbnj0r.jpg

IMG_20150514_092156804_zpsqfre3ohv.jpg

IMG_20150514_092121700_zpss0aiuyff.jpg

IMG_20150514_092232213_zpsxu3d19py.jpg

Edited by jfmajor60

That is a sweet looking Phantom :thumbsup: ! One of my favorite paint schemes for Navy F-4's too. Nice work indeed. Thanks for sharing your build.

Regards,

Don.

Outstanding build. Excelllent paint, decaling, and weathering.

I loved the kit, as it builds up into a fantastic model. Mine isn't as nicely finished and weathered as yours, but it's good enough for my display cabinet. I have Academy's C & J on my to be built shelf for later this year/early next year.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Very nice build and adequately grubby for the type . I have to wonder though how far they got with that load without hitting a tanker ?

Also, I am curious about the center line load . I can't see a MER . Did the Navy load differ that much from the Air force ?

Cheers, Christian

• 2 weeks later...