I've just watched the first episode of the last series of a British comedy on BBC3 called Bluestone 42, which is about a British Army bomb disposal team in Afghanistan. At the end of the program a pair of Apache Longbows flew over, painted in an overall sand colour, including the Longbow radome itself. It wasnt clear if they were AH64Ds or WAH64Ds but they did look real as opposed to c.g.i. models. Has anybody else seen this episode and do Apaches painted in that colour actually exist? I find it hard to believe the BBC would pay to have this done specifically for a two second shot when it has no money to make the next series! I would love to build an Apache in such a colour scheme as there aren't enough alternative colour schemes for the Apache. I already have the Israeli AH64D in their two tone desert camo scheme and this would go nicely alongside it, my Japanese AH64D and my two tone grey ANG AH64A, but only if it did exist for real!

Edited by Tsubame

I suppose since it was shot in South Africa, they most likely are CGI Apaches.

Yeah, would make sense but why go to the bother of making sand coloured Apaches? Now that doesn't make sense cos they must know there are people like myself who notice details like that!

Edited by Tsubame